Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You tell us: Pick your own webinar topic!

Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited February 2016 in Webinars 4344 karma
Hey there folks!

We've got big things planned for 7sage in the new year, including weekly (free!) webinars on a variety of topics. These webinars will be taught by tutors, Sages, and 7sage staff. You may have joined webinars conducted by @c.janson35 and @"Quick Silver" (and yours truly!) and found yourself well-informed and energized by the focused instruction. Or, you might have a burning need for a fresh perspective.

Please make a selection in the poll below indicating which of the following interests you the most, and comment below with specific topic suggestions (or if you want to pick more than one option!).
7sage Webinar: Total Request Live
  1. LR: Flaws26 votes
    1. LR: Sufficient Assumption
      15.38%
    2. LR: Parallel Flaw/Reasoning
      11.54%
    3. LR: Other (please specify below)
        3.85%
    4. RC: Reading for reasoning structure
      23.08%
    5. RC: Inferences
      23.08%
    6. RC: Other (please specify below)
        0.00%
    7. LG: Splitting the boards
        3.85%
    8. LG: Pattern games
        3.85%
    9. LG: Weirdest games, ever
      15.38%
    10. LG: Other (please specify below)
        0.00%

Comments

• nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Hi there @nicole.hopkins :-) I have a little nugget of an idea I thought might garner some interest. I've seen so many questions regarding speed and plenty of good advice. Perhaps we could facilitate a "training" session to put the advice to practical use. I'm not sure exactly how this might look but I think it could be cool if participants were all given the same question number to work out - and answer - in 1:20 or a minute-thirty. When the time is up everyone types their choice in the comments. Afterwards we discuss our reasoning. I think it could be an interesting exercise to tease out good/bad intuitive tendencies. My thought is that this would be for more experienced LSAT students and those nearing their actual test date. Let me know what you think...thx
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @nye8870 said:
    When the time is up everyone types their choice in the comments. Afterwards we discuss our reasoning. I think it could be an interesting exercise to tease out good/bad intuitive tendencies.
    Great idea for a workshop, Matt :D I'll add it to our list of topics!
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    Awesome!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    This is great @"Nicole Hopkins" !! Love your idea @nye8870!!
    I chose RC Inferences in the poll but I would also really like a webinar on skipping strategies:)
    And, of course, the weirdest games would be a hoot.
  • PriyankaPriyanka Alum Member
    79 karma
    Trainer/7 Sage Integration would be great :)
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    We should do one on how to do a backflip.

I've always wanted to learn. And when I finally dominate this test, I want to nail the proper celebration move.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    I was having a lot of trouble with MSS questions, I am improving on my accuracy after spending significant time on it, but I would love to see a webinar on MSS questions. It would be great to go through some MSS questions with a tutor and any advice on how to master them etc.