Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you study?

lawyerme?lawyerme? Alum Member
in General 31 karma
What is your time spent on when you study? I ride the train to work (takes about a half hour) each way. I work on practice test questions, but I find myself dozing off, especially after a long day at the office. I also study at lunch (about a half hour) whenever my co-workers are not having lunch with me. Then, when I get home, I am sort of taking care of housework, other homework (master's degree), working on a project or spending time with family.

What is your studying like? How much time do you actually study? Is it reviewing techniques or working on practice questions, timing yourself? With my schedule, I find that I am not able to time myself on a practice test. Or maybe I should, despite the train announcements?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Have you done any sort of course/curriculum? Between this and other posts of yours it seems like you're wandering around in the dark in regards to this test. If money is an issue I would pick up a copy of The LSAT Trainer by Mike Kim and work through that. Otherwise grab at least the starter pack on here and get going on the curriculum.

For the actual PTs you should only be taking them timed and then doing your BR. That being said you should not be wasting them by taking them without an understanding of the test. I am older and have a family as well and it can be tough to balance everything but you need to be setting aside time to take full PTs under strict times conditions, not piecing them together 20-30 minutes at a time on the train. Cut out the train and lunch studying for now and let that be a time to relax and then figure out how to develop a schedule to study at night or on weekends. Good luck and feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.