Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice for Feb. LSAT!

Hey, everyone!

So I took the LSAT in December and scored a 151 in spite of consistently scoring 155-160 in my PTs. I'm taking the test again in February and need some advice from those who have used the LG/RC Bibles. I'm allotting 8hrs a day every day until the test to digest these two new books and was wondering if anyone has used this material and has any advice?

I'm worried that I won't have enough time (roughly three weeks) to get the most out of the new material. If anyone can shed some light on what they believe was most important/helpful in these books, I would really, really, really appreciate it!!!

Comments

• cjones76cjones76 Alum Member
    318 karma
    I did not find the RC bible beneficial. LG teaches their method of approaching games. Since you've taken the test already I assume you know a strategy to approach games, so it would be a new perspective. I would be cautious of burn out before the test. That's a lot of material to cover in short time. If you are attempting to improve on games I would suggest using the fool proof method and drill them like crazy. Understand fundamentals such as conditionals and what makes groups in vs out so it becomes natural. I think drilling games to intuitively see patterns and inferences is the best way to improve that section.
  • hlsat180hlsat180 Free Trial Member
    362 karma
    PS Bibles provide a solid foundation. Everything is methodically broken down, categorized and explained in minute detail. Unfortunately for a limited time frame this highly analytical approach tends to require time to fully digest. Therefore, rather than skimming cover-to-cover, I recommend using the books to address specific weaknesses.

For most, LG offers the quickest return on time invested. Identify the common types you have problems with, then start with mastering the simplest. Goal is to not only master this type of game but also solidify diagramming and inferences. Build on this foundation before moving on to the next common type. Note, I find some PS notations unnecessarily cumbersome (e.g., for conditional logic chains I prefer 7sage/LSAT Trainer's simpler arrow without any dashed lines) but to avoid confusion it's most important to find then stick with what works for YOU.

The RC Bible does offer a detailed notation system - yet emphasizes that everyone must decide what works for them individually. Too many notations can confuse rather than clarify, and many high scorers do not notate at all. Again, focus on your weaknesses. For me, I try to read for general understanding but notate just Main Points and Viewpoints - these serve as my road markers later on. Again, focus on what's needed and works for you.
  • 37 karma
    @cjones76 I've actually been using PTs 40-70 to drill LG inferences for the passed week or so and have seen major improvements in that section (got 12/23 when I took the exam and now I'm not scoring below 19/23). I like 7Sage's method to tackle LGs, I more so want the bibles to supplement the foundation 7sage has helped me create. As far as burning out, I graduated in December so my schedule only consists of a 9am-2pm job which isn't very demanding, which is why I can dedicate 8hrs a day and not drive myself crazy. I will definitely go back and revisit the conditionals! Thanks!

@hlsat180 Thank you! In retrospect, attempting to read a book every five days does seem sort of unrealistic lol I'll definitely make sure to focus on my weaknesses per section as opposed to learning an entirely new method in less than a month.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Just keep fool proofing games... At this point other methodologies are only going to complicate matters. And tune in Wednesday night for 77's games!
  • edited January 2016 37 karma
    @Pacifico I realized today that I only ordered the LR/RC bibles, along with PTs 20-30 and 72-76. So I'll stick to 7sage's LG method and continue to foolproof.

Also, thanks for the heads up! I will definitely be here Wednesday night!