Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Withdraw

in General 82 karma
Question: I'm about to withdraw from the February LSAT so as to take it in June instead, but I just want to make sure that a withdrawal doesn't count as a take! I've already taken it two times and (even though I'm pretty sure it doesn't count) just want to be one the safe side. Also- you just withdraw on the lsac website right?

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Withdraw will not show on your record or count as a take.

If it did I'd be sitting out 2 more years!
  • 82 karma
    Thanks @stepharizona !
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @stepharizona Nailed it. I did the the same thing for the Dec 15 test. I was informed by a LSAC rep that a withdrawal does not appear on your record. You may want to call just for reassurance. Yes, withdraw directly from the site. I don't think you can withdraw over the phone.
  • 82 karma
    @stepharizona @MrSamIam After you guys withdrew, were you still getting emails from random law schools telling you "Good luck on the LSAT tomorrow!" ? I'm pretty sure I've withdrawn correctly (no upcoming tests show up and I have the option to register for a new test) but i'm still getting those emails!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Those emails are not sent with any intention besides casting a wide net. Once you're on their list you stay there until you tell them to screw off.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Ha yep, they're working off of old lists. You'll get a few after the LSAT saying congratulations on taking the LSAT!!! :/

If you're unsure you should go in today before 11:59pm EST to verify.

I always do JUST to be safe...
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited February 2016 2086 karma
    @patricia.martin.robles Yes, I still get them. In fact, I just received one informing me that their application deadline is coming up and now that I've taken the LSAT, I should submit my application.

I would follow @stepharizona 's suggestion. Check the site just to make sure that you are no longer registered.