[Test Center Review] UBC - Swing Building, Vancouver, BC Canada

amylaverdureamylaverdure Member
edited March 2016 in Test Center Reviews 13 karma
Took LSAT twice at the same location, so, if necessary, each time will be denoted (1) for the first time, or (2) for the second time

Proctors: (1) Proctor in my room was an older gentleman who was quite strict with the guidelines and the time limits. Although he made things clear this created a bit of a tense environment. (2) It was a younger gentleman who was instantly more casual and relaxed than the first proctor, but he still made the rules and time limits clear and enforced them well without causing as much stress the first time around.

Facilities: The building has multiple floors with the bathrooms on each floor, so there are options to those who may need to use the restroom. There were also a few vending machines located on the main level so a drink or a snack could be purchased before the test, or during the break. There are multiple theatres in the building that are used for the LSAT test.

What kind of room: A lecture theatre with bright fluorescent lights that is also equipped with an over head projector and microphone.

How many in the room: About 60 - 80 in the one room. Probably double that for amount of test takers at this overall location

Desks: Multiple rows of fixtured in tables (thus the tables were not unsteady or wobbly) with two sets of stairs creating a large middle section and smaller left and right sections. There was ample space for your writing and test materials.

Left-handed accommodation: Since the desks were long tables and you were not forced to write on one side over the other, there should be little no problem for left-handed individuals.

Noise levels: Both times there was no noise in the room and to my recollection no noise issues coming from outside the room either.

Parking: On UBC campus there are multiple parkades around and one parkade near the building you take the test in. But you will have to pay for parking anywhere you go on UBC campus. There are also several transit routes that can take you to UBC so the location is quite accessible from almost anywhere in Vancouver.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: (1) 45 minutes (2) 15-20 minutes

Irregularities or mishaps: (1) Proctor used a time that was shown on the overhead projector. (2) A timer was not shown on the overhead projector because in a time before the proctor got into trouble for using it

Other comments: This location was fairly good overall to take the test. The only thing that made a difference for me was the proctor. The proctor during my first test was more strict and created a tense atmosphere, which stressed me out a bit, but the second time around the proctor was more relaxed, which put me at ease more so than the previous one.

Would you take the test here again? Yes

Date[s] of Exam[s]: June 8, 2015; December 5, 2015