Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI

GochujiangGochujiang Alum Member
Proctors: The proctors were OK. They provided clear instruction and followed all directions. I sat in front, which was distracting because they seemed to walk in front of my desk A LOT.

Facilities: There were bathrooms near the lecture halls. The door to the lecture hall opens to the outside, like many do in Hawaii.

What kind of room: Large lecture hall, but in the business school and not new. Stadium seating, each hard plastic seat with its own small fold out desk. The stadium seating was angled at a way that made the room very tall like a movie theater. The lighting was a little low which made it straining to read. The room DID have A/C. This was a concern of mine, but the temperature was not a problem for me.

How many in the room: Over 50-75. Pretty much a full room, but at least one desk between testers.

Desks: Bad. These were the little flip desks. Your test booklet had to be folded at all times, and the answer sheet had to overlap the test booklet just to keep everything organized and on the desk. They put at least one seat between testers.

Left-handed accommodation: The desks flipped from the right side. I'm right handed, so I don't remember if they accommodated left handed testers. I do remember one tester sitting in the front at his own desk. I found this unfair since he had a lot of desk space and the rest of us had so little.

Noise levels: There was not noise dampening in the old lecture hall. It was what I expected at the time, but now that I've tested elsewhere, I know that it was higher than it should be. I tested at a law school in Seattle and I literally heard no noise from anyone but myself.

Parking: I purchased a 4 hour parking pass in the visitor lot, and went over time. They gave me a fine even though the lot was empty. I was pissed about this, but wasn't sure where else to park.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: I don't remember exactly, but perhaps an hour between check and the start of the test.

Irregularities or mishaps: No mishaps, but really crappy desks and bad lighting.

Other comments: If they hold tests at the U of H law school, I recommend going to that location instead. If I were to test while in Hawaii, I'd make sure the test center is better or I'd fly for the weekend to the west coast.

Would you take the test here again? Absolutely NOT. Taking the test at the U of H business school is not an option if you are serious about the LSAT. Bad desks, bad lighting, bad parking choices. Hopefully they have changed the location since 2014.

Date[s] of Exam[s]: June 2014