Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] St. Johns University, NYC, NY

mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
edited March 2016 in Test Center Reviews 368 karma
Proctors: Either the proctor could not read, or it was the first time she read the LSAT instructions.

Facilities: The restrooms are close by. The building is old but it has everything.

What kind of room: Big lecture room(s).

How many in the room: 100+

Desks: Well you have chairs with tablet arms. At lease enough space to put your answer sheet there. I spread the test booklet on my lap and put my watch on the chair next to mine.

Left-handed accommodation: Didn't pay attention but I would say no.

Noise levels: Minimum

Parking: Ample parking close to the building.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: People were still arriving after 8:30 am. I would say we did not start till 10 am.

Irregularities or mishaps: I sat in the front row and the proctors whispered on and on during one section - in the end, I had to stop them.

Other comments: The test center is not at St. Johns Law school, but one of the main lecture hall in the university. Your LSAT instruction sheet will not reveal this till one week before the test. The proctors are not familiar with this test so they are lax about the procedure. You can bring your cell phones to the test center - they will just store the phones in a white plastic box. The bad thing is that one phone went off during the test...

Would you take the test here again? I was reassigned there (from Hofstra). I don't want to take it again at this place even though I got my highest score.

Date[s] of Exam[s]: 2015 Dec