Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June or September?

Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
in General 27829 karma
So, I’ve been self studying for almost a year, but just started with 7Sage and quit my job to study full time; and I’ve already used two of my LSAT attempts. So, if I take it in June I’ll have to either rush the curriculum or miss out on a lot of PTs and BRs. If I take it in September, I’m worried I won’t have enough PTs to last (18 left and only 6 from the 60s/70s). I didn’t BR before, so was thinking if I opt for September I could maybe fill some of the time with BRing old PTs. I know that’s not ideal, but it’s what I’ve got. My average PT score from before joining 7Sage is only 4 points from my target score, so it’s not like I’m so far out of range that June is completely unreasonable. I would love to be able to get my applications in ahead of the avalanche that inevitably follows the fall LSAT score release, but not if it means decreasing my odds of reaching my target score. I’m really just kind of thinking out loud here, but it’s become really difficult for me to see all of this with any perspective, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Go for September... I wouldn't worry about BRing old PTs... Just use what you've got and mix in some retakes. So maybe finish the curriculum and the LG bundle by the end of April and then take 2 PTs per week (1 new and 1 retake). There is much to be gained from retakes, just ask @c.janson35.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Also many schools do not open up the application process until September.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27829 karma
    As much as I’ve been agonizing over it, now that you say that and I think to myself, ‘Okay, September then,’ I feel really relieved. The idea of June still really stresses me out. Unless a really compelling reason to go for June presents itself, that’s almost certainly what I’ll do. Thanks @Pacifico and @Sheri123. Both of y’all’s advice throughout the discussion forum is always shrewd and insightful.