Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] JFK University Law School, Pleasant Hill, CA

Proctors: The main test administrator and proctors were hires by LSAC for administering the test at this site. They were no affiliated with the law school. One of the proctors who was sort of an assistant wasn't very competent. She was asked to read the instructions before the start of the section from the test booklet like proctors are supposed to do and she had trouble reading basic english sentences and couldn't pronounce certain words. She also interrupted me just as the test began about something related to seating, which affected me during the section. If she had any questions, she should have finished them before the section began. Other than that, proctors were typically quiet as the test was going on.

Facilities: Restrooms are located on the same floor as the test rooms. They weren't crowded during the break.

What kind of room: The test was held in several small rooms. Each room had about 20 desks and for my test administration they seated 1 person on each desk. But for more recent test administrations, they seem to have taken to seating 2 people per desk which can make it very crowded. I would suggest any taking there first call the JFKU law school and ask about seating only 1 per desk. This crowded seating was the reason I didn't retake at the same location.

How many in the room: About 20/room when I took. For later tests, about 40/room.

Desks: About 4-5ft long desk.

Left-handed accommodation:i am not lefty so don't know. My guess is that based on the type of desks the rooms had, it shouldn't make a difference.

Noise levels: Very quiet.

Parking: Plenty of free parking right outside the building.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: About 1 hour.

Irregularities or mishaps: I had the proctor interrupt me just as I was beginning the test, which threw me off for the rest of section and test. During later administrations during Oct 2015, I heard the proctors had trouble arranging rooms, and so they overcrowded test takers on desks.

Other comments: Fine test center except for bad seating and poor proctoring.

Would you take the test here again? Not unless they can fix the seating so there is only 1 person /desk. 2/desk is took crowded and distracting.

Date[s] of Exam[s]: June 2014