Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Additional LOR

mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
edited March 2016 in General 368 karma
Dear 7sagers,

I have this dean who knows me very very well. I was afraid that she could not write LOR before school deadlines, so I submitted all my applications without indicating that there will be a third from her. Now hers has arrived. Shall I talk to schools to submit one more LOR? Does it hurt? Does it help?

Thank you so much!

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I doubt it would hurt you. You can mention that you requested that she submit it at her earliest convenience. The admissions board will probably know that deans tend to have incredibly busy schedules - at least that has been my experience with the ones I spoke to.
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    @MrSamIam

Thank you so much for your reply! How should I contact the admissions to submit this additional LOR? Do you have any suggestions?
    2086 karma
    @mimimimi Sure thing! You probably already know how to submit a LOR via the LSAC, so I won't go over that. Regarding the school, contact their admissions office. Tell them what you told us here (you submitted an application, but one of your LORs was just submitted after the fact). Ask them what steps you would have to take to ensure that the admissions committee receives said LOR.
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    @MrSamIam Thank you so much:)
    2086 karma
    Sure thing! Best of luck!