Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you time your LG splits when PTing?

cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
in General 730 karma
When taking fresh PTs, I'm obviously interested in how long each logic game in the section is taking me so I can compare those times with JY's targets. I set my watch as usual, but use the stopwatch on my phone simultaneously, hitting "lap" after each game.

What strategies do you use to get this sort of data on your games? I wonder if anyone has any better methods.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma
    For me, I just glance at my watch if anything. Maybe jot down the time in the top corner. It's important to simulate real test conditions as closely as possible on PTs though. That means no cell phone, no books sitting on the corner of the desk, a full 15 minute break, etc.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I just write down the incremental time on top of the page (let's say 6min; 14min, 24min, 34min) and then do the math during BR to figure out how much each game took. I forget to do it half of the time, though, especially if the games are giving me trouble.
    My rule of thumb is - If you finish the section in 35 min, then you're doing good. The splits are nice, but not absolutely necessary. I do time my games during FoolProofing and aim to finish the sections with at least 5 minutes to spare, to account for familiarity.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I would also share that keeping time during early stages of prep is great, but later it is distracting. I too use just an analog watch to start setting good habits. If I am drilling, that is a different story