Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scoring the Same but Doing Worse on LG?

JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
in Logic Games 3112 karma
Hello!

My last few preptests have been roughly the same in terms of score (164 average) but my LG score has been decreasing rapidly. For example, the last few preptest have been -1, -2, -3, -5, and -7, respectively, on LG. I was just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and if you could recommend a plan of action to fix this before the June test. I was thinking about going back and redoing all of the lessons, and focusing more on fool proof review, but I am not sure what else to do.

Thanks!

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    How many tests have you taken total? This happened to me and I realized that when i missed more than 4-5 on a LG section, one of the following 2 things was happening:

1. There was just 1 game that I messed up. Either misread a rule, or didn't know how to set it up or it was just really hard and I couldn't get my head around it; and/or

2. I ran out of time and had to rush through the final game which made me miss several within one game.

When you miss 4-7 questions are they just randomly spaced out? Or are you really missing them on 1 game and random other ones? (does that make sense?) If that's the case, you could focus on the type of game you're missing the question on. Do the foolproof LG method. Do the game so many times you have it memorized. That's what helped me.
  • JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma
    Great advice! I think a big thing is misreading rules (biconditionals especially). But I'm a just a little worried because the PT with -7 they were pretty spaced out. I've taken roughly 10 PTs since I started studying hard for this June, but about 30 in total (second administration).

Did you ever have an issue with going to fast? Sometimes I'll finish a simple sequencing in 4 minutes only to find out I still got one wrong...
    1706 karma
    Yes. I actually write a little "F" on the bubble sheet next to questions that I felt like I just answered it too quickly or like "that was too easy," and if i have time, I go back and relook at that question. More than 1/2 of the time, that gut feeling was correct and I change my answer.
    3112 karma
    Oh wow that's a great idea! I may have to borrow that from you. But will that be applicable on test day? I try not to write anything on my bubble sheet
    1706 karma
    Oh I have a whole lil system going on in the margins of the bubble sheets. It only takes 1 or 2 swipes of the eraser at the end to get rid of them if you mark lightly. I put circles next to ones I skipped, stars next to ones I found exceptionally hard or that were taking way too long, Fs next to the ones I answered to quickly/easily. It seems like a time sink, but as I do more and more tests, I am marking fewer and fewer things so it really doesn't take long at all.
    3112 karma
    Oh I see. That makes sense. Thanks again for your help!