Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is PT 50 really easy?

Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 2098 karma
I took PT 50 last Sunday and got raw score of 62 but my actual score was 151. I did not feel it was particularly easier than other PTs. I used to get raw score of 55-56 and actual of 149-150, I am a bit confused. I am not sure if I improved or not? Is PT 50 really easy?

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited May 2016 3197 karma
    No LSAT is "easier" than another, as then it would not be statistically reliable as a standardized test. Perhaps it played more to the skills you are already good at, and/or your studying and hard work is starting to show.

The LG according to 7Sage grade has the 50 games as a member of the "Easiest" so the LR or RC sections were more than likely a bit more challenging. PT 50 had a -10 curve for a 170, -23 for a 160, -41 for a 150.

Its hard to tell improvement on just one PT, so take a few more (usually 3-5) average them for a good gauge of where your score stands.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Hey Nader--the raw score is curved to LSAT score differently for each test so that's not the number to be focusing on. A -10 curve indicates that on the whole this was a test on which more people got more raw points correct. That doesn't mean easier, but you definitely shouldn't be comparing raw uncurved scores to one another. It sounds like this PT score is about one point higher than what you've been getting, so that does sound like you're at least moving in the right direction! Keep up the good work!
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @stepharizona and @"Nicole Hopkins" thanks for your responses I think you answered my question. One point improvement is still something :)
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @nader.parham said:
    One point improvement is still something :)
    YES IT IS!!!!