Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another question about strong softs

Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
edited May 2016 in General 893 karma
Thanks for the thoughts

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Are ... you an Academy Award winner?
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    edited May 2016 893 karma
    Thanks for the thoughts
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Shit man, I’m impressed. If you think you have a real shot at an Oscar, does it really even matter that much how it affects your prospects? Personally, I’d want to pursue that regardless of how it helped my law school prospects. And I would expect that yeah, an Oscar nom would probably catch the eyes of admissions.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    But LSAT will catch their eye much more.
  • SeriousbirdSeriousbird Alum Member
    1278 karma
    Wow that's really impressive. If I were in your shoes, I think I would pursue the project and then focus on the LSAT. That said, if law school is something you still want to pursue post academy award (keeping my fingers crossed for you), then I would work really hard at the LSAT.
  • Fish0701Fish0701 Member
    133 karma
    I think you're deciding between a once in a lifetime experience/opportunity and Law school which will always be there. If I were in your shoes, I think the choice would be pretty easy (assuming you have a love for your project).
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    I'm not sure how they would regard that, if it would be considered a soft or not, but it certainly is wonderful opportunity for an unusual & creative personal statement if nothing else. Good luck!