Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pushing for time

guitarnaraguitarnara Alum Member
in General 365 karma
I usually finish all my sections in time. However, I rarely have enough time to check over my “starred” questions. The way how I skip is that if I feel that time is sinking, I choose one of the two or three answer choices left, after POE, and move on. I know that some people leave them blank, but I do not feel comfortable doing this. Normally, I star 5-7 questions per section, in which 3 - 4 questions end up being the right answer choices.

Recently, I watched Allison’s webinar on hitting 170+, and she talked about pushing yourself to allow at least 5 minutes at the end of a section (she was mainly talking about LR, but I feel that this could apply to RC as well) to go over the circled questions.

How does one go about doing this?
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    This really only comes with time. In order for you to have at least five minutes left after a section (namely LR), the easier questions have to be super easy for you in that they take maybe thirty seconds to a minute to complete.

It wasn't until I did this that I gained substantial time for review. The harder questions still take longer, naturally, but the easy questions have to be knocked down quickly. Again, this comes with time. Though you may recognize a question as easy, it doesn't mean that you're at the point of being able to breeze right through it, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Time for review is afforded when you meticulously study the concepts and questions of the LSAT, not when you rush and try to force in "extra" time.