Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Attention: June test takers w/ Accommodations (and maybe other people?)

BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
in General 1706 karma
I just wanted to warn/remind everyone to be on top of checking your email from the LSAC. In the past 24 hours, I received two separate emails reassigning both my test center AND my test date for the June exam.

There are lots of specific, time-sensitive instructions that you must follow in order to be able to take the test on test date.

Also, anyone who has tested with accommodations, or anyone who just knows the answer to this question in general: if I'm taking my test several days after people on June 6, should I expect that I'll be taking a different version of the test? How does that work?

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    In the past 24 hours, I received two separate emails reassigning both my test center AND my test date for the June exam.
    Wow, WTF?

@BruiserWoods said:
    if I'm taking my test several days after people on June 6, should I expect that I'll be taking a different version of the test?
    Yes. You will in all likelihood have a different test. The good news? It will probably be one of the more "standard" undisclosed LSATs they keep on reserve for just this purpose. They give Sunday takers and international takers different exams so that you don't get a contaminated data pool (people will be all over the internet talking about passage X, game X etc. and it would in theory create an unfair advantage for folks who took the same test several days later since that info would be available). If you look at the February or international tests that LSAC has published, you don't really see wacky games or unusual passages, etc. I found my February exam to be very "run of the mill" LSAT—nothing even remotely unique to report. All very standard fare, whereas Oct and Dec were both notable for unusual games, passages, etc.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    whereas Oct and Dec were both notable for unusual games, passages, etc.
    (insert sarcasm here)
    AWESOME.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    and it would in theory create an unfair advantage for folks who took the same test several days later since that info would be available
    Definitely - that wouldn't be fair at all.

@"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    February or international tests that LSAC has published, you don't really see wacky games or unusual passages, etc. I found my February exam to be very "run of the mill" LSAT
    okay good. I know that the LSAC is sometimes a lil bitter about accommodated testing, so I was a little concerned that they might throw some experimental bs on my test or something else scary.

I'm trying not to let the center/date change affect me, but I'm bummed about it and definitely stressing because they ALSO changed my report time (from 12 to 10 am), and I've been practicing starting at 1 pm for like a year.
    4344 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    okay good. I know that the LSAC is sometimes a lil bitter about accommodated testing, so I was a little concerned that they might throw some experimental bs on my test or something else scary.
    I would be prepared for circle games. I would be surprised if there's a nasty pattern game on an undisclosed test.
    1706 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    I would be prepared for circle games. I would be surprised if there's a nasty pattern game on an undisclosed test
    wait, are you saying that circle games aren't nasty pattern games? or to be prepared in case, but you don't expect it?
    4344 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    wait, are you saying that circle games aren't nasty pattern games?
    Circle games are just sequencing games that don't terminate on one side or the other. Not a big deal but you want to make sure they don't freak you out. Pattern games are rule-driven games that often don't lend themselves to splitting the boards (or even to standard boards at all). You just go through and apply to rules on each question. They're just different, not necessarily more difficult, and they can be a bit surprising if you're not used to them. Good news is you've got 72 and 77 to master, both of which have rather nasty pattern games.
    1706 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" said:
    Good news is you've got 72 and 77 to master, both of which have rather nasty pattern games.
    I'm apprehensive to take 77 as a full-timed PT for two reasons: first, I'm running out of time and I don't want to burnout (I just took 74 this week); second, I hear its a rough one and i'm terrified it'll shake my confidence before test day.

I was thinking of doing it as timed, individual sections. What are your thoughts on this?
    4344 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    I'm apprehensive to take 77 as a full-timed PT for two reasons: first, I'm running out of time and I don't want to burnout (I just took 74 this week); second, I hear its a rough one and i'm terrified it'll shake my confidence before test day.

Nah, it's fine. Normal PT. You'll be fine. Don't freak yourself out. It's just got a pattern game that's a bit unusual.
    4344 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    I was thinking of doing it as timed, individual sections. What are your thoughts on this?
    Personally? I wouldn't hesitate to do it as timed sections. I found so much benefit from doing individual sections leading up to the February test. It enabled me to focus on my habits, section by section. Often doing full PT's, you just don't get time to think about habit-based performance (unless you're videotaping them, which I also recommend).