Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

June 2016 PT schedule

westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
edited May 2016 in General 3788 karma
Hi guys,

I was wondering how your PT schedules are like for the final week before the June exam. Specifically are you guys going to take an exam on June 4th? June 5th? Some have recommended taking an exam almost everyday in the last week leading up to the exam to be dialed in. While a past tutor of mine, who wrote a 180, said he personally took three or 4 days off before his test date and recommended that I do the same.

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @westcoastbestcoast said:
    Specifically are you guys going to take an exam on June 4th? June 5th?
    Nooooooooo way.
    Some have recommended taking an exam almost everyday in the last week leading up to the exam to be dialed in.
    Who are these monsters ???!?!??

Maybe sections every day but no way PT's. I've done it 3 ways: did nothing before first admin, did a full PT before second, and sections leading up to the 3rd. The final approach is the one I recommend as it's a light load work-wise but enables you to keep your mechanics on point.

I'd recommend not scoring anything in the last week, but do BR.
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    haha @"Nicole Hopkins" The "monsters" were the admins who ran the LSAT Mastermind study forum group. I'm also assuming that your 3rd approach is what eventually led to your highest take :) Thanks for the response!
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    The "monsters" were the admins who ran the LSAT Mastermind study forum group.

IMHO, bad advice.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Well to be fair, and I'm a member there like a number of other 7Sagers, their schedule says to do 1(or 2) PTs (depending on the schedule) and to do the rest in sections with breaks for review to stay fresh, plus to focus on health and happiness. They have shared that when they prepared in the final week one them did PTs nearly every day and the other one took a laid back approach of a test and sections to stay fresh plus days off mixed in, and both were high 170 scorers.

You just have to know what works best for you and know you've done enough PTs to know what makes you perform at your peak level.

For some people, that is like 1 test a week and nothing else, for others its hours every day.

My plan for my retake in September, is a timed PT or 2 the week of the test, but I wont score them and I'll do sections to stay fresh. I went way off book (from what MMG & 7Sage suggest) before my first test, due to a family emergency, and it did not do me any favors.

This time, I will have faith in the hard work I've put in, and not go off script. For me, I do my best on tests when I do something LSAT related every day. Maybe its just a single game section, or a few questions from my "missed log", but if I go a day or two with no LSAT work, and go right into a PT my first section is always a bit rough. So while I wont do a PT the day before, I'll play my favorite games (because I view them like Sudoku at this point, they're fun and relaxing) and I know that will set me up well. I will also do a few LR questions the morning of, as I have noticed that also helps me perform better on tests and puts me in the right "frame of mind".