Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Summertime Law School Fairs

Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
in General 893 karma
Does anybody know when LSAC says they release your file to all attending law schools if that means all your demographic info like SSN's, birthdates, and contact info? What with identity fraud run rampant, I am concerned that my signing up to attend would allow dozens of schools to which I will not be applying to have my info in their computers, available to unknown numbers of staff, etc. Is it possible to attend by just showing up that morning without releasing your info? I've already been an ID victim twice and not interested in having it happen again.

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Chipster Study" said:
    all your demographic info like SSN's, birthdates, and contact info?
    Certainly not SSN, likely not birthday, and definitely yes contact info.

@"Chipster Study" said:
    Is it possible to attend by just showing up that morning without releasing your info?
    They usually have you all set up with a goodie bag and a wristlet with your LSAC number on it. They will require you to sign in when you attend the LSAC forum and the LSAC number is how schools grant you fee waivers (very important!).
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I'm not entirely sure, but I would assume that the schools are provided with just your name and email address.
    Technically, you "could" just walk in. However, they provide you with a pass (which has your name and LSAC number) that they ask you to carry around.