Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Montclair State University

cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
edited June 2016 in Test Center Reviews 730 karma
Proctors: Exemplary, except they started checking in all 205 people at 12:25, resulting in some serious delays. I was in a room with about 60 people and maybe 6 proctors. One proctor was running his hand down a railing next to me, but other than that things went well. Time was kept precisely, etc.

Facilities: Nice, modern lecture hall. Good bathrooms. Nice building.

What type of room: Toered lecture hall. Important note: Each row of seats has one continuous desk, and people were spaced out every other seat. There is a small, raised microphone implanted in the desk that was in my way and forced me to change my usual placement of my booklet and answer sheet. Just being aware of this beforehand is preparation enough.

Lefties: No idea.

Noise: pin-drop quiet except for occasional faint sounds. I think the room has sound-absorbing walls, and there's a buffer area between the room itself and the hallway outside that probably reduces outside noise.

Parking: there's parking and they said there were discounts for LSAT takers, but I just had my momz drive me so can't comment on parking location.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: got there at 11:30, we probably didn't start till 1:15.

Irregularities or mishaps: none, thank god, except for the brief railing incident mentioned above and the delay checking in. Lots of people brought cell phones for some reason.

Other comments: you're going to have to move your answer sheet further away from your test booklet than usual because of the desktop mics. This wasn't as big a deal as I thought it would be, just be prepared.

Comments