Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

performance decrease after "break"

needmylsat180needmylsat180 Alum Member
in General 175 karma
Hello guys,

really need some help here. I stopped doing lsat (for 2 weeks) because I was studying for my exams. Before I was able to have like 2-3 wrong for LR (BR score) and 1-2 for LG no BR and like 4-5 for RC (BR) and I was improving too..and now I just don't want to mention how much I get wrong even with BR :( Feeling stressed. Is it going to get better once I get back to the flow by doing more practice questions?

Comments

• rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    i know how you feel. i took a break for about 3 months and ive really slipped. i went from 20+ right on LG to 14 right on the first few that did. when i did Blind Review i my scores are back in the 20s. i attribute it to rust, i have to get back into LSAT mode mentally and readjust to the timed conditions. dont lose hope!
  • needmylsat180needmylsat180 Alum Member
    175 karma
    @rakinalikhan I don't even get them right with BR now. Its like confidence level dropped to the lowest
  • rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    @gabriellatkj i would attribute it to mindset because once youre in the "LSAT zone" so to speak it really makes a huge difference. take this for example. the first full timed LR section i did when i started studying again and timed i only got 9 right. Was i discouraged? of course. but i didnt let that get me down for more than a half hour. i went through the answers, broke down why i got questions wrong and why did i choose what i chose. the next LR section i did from the exact same practice test i got 15 right. the next day, the first LR section on a practice test i got 7 right, but by reviewing and refreshing my thought process, i got 16 right on the next LR section on the practice test.

i attribute that increase to being confident in myself in knowing that i can do so much better and that i cant let a few bad sections hold me back or else it will just negatively impact me for the rest of the test. and keep in mind, this is 3 months after taking a break. the 15 and 16 i got on the LR sections, those are the highest scores ive ever gotten because 3 months ago i had a hard time even breaking 11 right.

If i can do it, so can you :)