Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Break break break

bsemb001bsemb001 Free Trial Member
in General 104 karma

So I haven't gotten my score, but I'm quite confident that I didn't do as well as I had hoped. I've registered for the Dec test already and I guess I'm currently taking the week off (3 days left) before I get back into it.

Good idea?
  1. No25 votes
    1. Sure
      92.00%
    2. No one takes a break on studying, unless they know it will mostly be of benefit.
        8.00%

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yes, certainly take at least a week off in order to refresh yourself. You'll do much better when you come back.

I hope you killed the September test though, this way you don't have to retake :)

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

I only took one legit day off. However, I'm also in school and working so I knew there would be days in the upcoming weeks (and this week) that I would not be able to study LSAT at all with midterms and stuff. I think it's unique to each individual. With more experience at work and in school, I've realized just how important sleep and feeling refreshed is, or at least like you can retain what you're studying lol. You can push yourself to the max but if you are five seconds away from falling asleep or ripping your hair out, you're not being productive. Whatever time frame makes you feel like you're mentally ready to start again, go with that.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

I'm honestly taking a little bit more than a week off. Sometimes you have to mentally shut down and just take some time away from it. I'm thinking a week, maybe do light studying in the next week, mostly making a timeline for law school apps, then back to the grind.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I bought Mario + Rabbids for my Switch. I've been playing that on my commute instead of studying. I wont jump back into the LSAT until the first day of October. I need the time off just to mentally recuperate. You should rest as well!!

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

I'm retaking in December and plan to restart studying on the 26th or 27th. I'm in school full-time so I don't have tons of time, but I have a relatively good sense of what I need to work on, and I think the time off will be good. I'm also using this short break to work on my PS!