Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Withdraws on transcripts.

kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
Hello,
I have 3 withdraws on my transcripts. Two are the same class, its a hard class and I first tried taking it during an already hard semester, and that did not work out. The second time was this summer, and the professor cancelled class a lot and the first test came back and I flunked. At this point, I could stay in this class get a c, or I could drop it again and have 3 w's. What should I do? This would be a non punitive w. My gpa is high, so a C would make it drop a considerable amount. I just do not know what to do. Which would look worse 3 w's with 2 coming from the same class, or a c. I would rather drop, but just not sure how law schools look at that.

Comments

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @kmarie7 said:
    This would be a non punitive w.
    Non punitive Ws dont matter. There are a lot of reasons why people drop courses. You dont need to write an addenda or anything.

Now, is this a class you need to have to graduate? Will you need to take it again? I would say drop again, but you need to look at how it impacts your overall GPA too, if you'll need to take a 3rd time.
  • kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
    208 karma
    Yes, it is a class I need to graduate.
    3197 karma
    @kmarie7 said:
    Yes, it is a class I need to graduate
    Hmm maybe @"Mike Spivey" or @david.busis can give some solid advice here.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    What is your gpa, and will dropping delay your graduation? If you're pushing a 4.0 a C will seriously hurt you. If you're at a 2.0 it won't affect you. Delays to your graduation present obvious problems. If it's non punitive, I'd lean heavily towards dropping. Protect your GPA at (almost) all costs.
    208 karma
    I have a 3.7, and no it would not delay graduation.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Oh I think you definitely want to get out of there then.
    3197 karma
    The other thing is, what do you think you will be able to get in the class on a 3rd try?
    208 karma
    I plan on hiring a tutor, so hopefully high B or even an A.