Planning for September: Currently scoring in low 160 range | Goal is165 - 70 |

legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
in General 277 karma
Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get some advice. I'm planning on writing the LSAT in September. I wanted to register today and starting getting second thoughts. I am currently scoring in the low 160 range. I think if I scored a 160, I could potentially get into the school I wanted here in Canada. That being said, I've seen a lot of mentions of the "test day penalty", and I don't want to risk that 160 going down due to test day nerves. I decided the best way to avoid that would be to try to consistently break the 165 barrier.

I am currently writing about 2-3 prep-tests a week and spending a fair amount of time on blind review. I guess my question is, what are the odds that I'm able to bring my score up by 5+ points by September? And does anyone have any suggestions for what I should be spending my time on?

My best section is logic games where I usually average -2, Reading Comprehension I'm not too worried about, and Logical Reasoning is definitely my worst; specifically necessary & sufficient assumptions according to analytics.

Would really appreciate any personal experience stories and advice.

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    You definitely have potential to hit the 160s. It's important here on out to 1) not forego sections so keep your RC and LG skills sharp and 2) get better at your weaknesses in LR.

This probably looks something like drilling timed sections of RC and LG and drilling question specific questions for LR.
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    277 karma
    @blah170blah Thanks so much for the encouragement. Just to clarify, do you mean drill with previously written tests or with new ones?
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Previously written. You'll want to keep any new ones for PT purposes.