Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR question

theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
edited July 2016 in General 1287 karma
For the brs i understand im suppost to go back circle the ones im not sure about and re do them, is it completely wrong to first write down the ones i got wrong and re do thoses ? And if i get them wrong twice then i know i need to fully focus on that one, i dont read the answers i just write the number down and re do them, mainly due to lack of them i figured this way im not trusting on just my understanding of what i know and dont know but focusing on all that i dont know. Can anyone advocate why this is less affective?

Comments

• jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma
    Hi @giordanifabiano ,

First off, did you complete the curriculum first before you started PT's? This is highly recommended before you waste precious PT's.
    Did you listen to JY's BR method? I'd go back and write down notes on it.

When you BR you're supposed to circle questions you're not sure you answered correctly, and draw a star around questions that completely stumped you. Don't look at the answers when you're done, just go back and re-do those untimed.
    By working through the circled and starred questions initially, you'll know if your problem was time related, or questions specific - which you won't figure out if you just go back and look at the questions you've gotten wrong. By not checking the answers right after finishing your PT, you'll also be able to figure out which questions you felt confident about (a.e did not circle or star) but got wrong. That's one of the most dangerous mistakes you can make, and if I were you I'd keep a log with all the question types you've had most problems with or felt confident about, but got wrong.

Hope this makes sense.
  • theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma
    Made perfect sense thank you !!! I guess i need to fix my routine if im goin to take that september test
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    @giordanifabiano said:
    is it completely wrong to first write down the ones i got wrong and re do thoses ?
    Yes, it is completely wrong, haha.

To BR properly, you should not even know which questions you got right or wrong.

As you test, circle the questions you’re not 100% on. Then, before you grade the test, review every question you circled. And it’s not enough to glance over it until you tell yourself “oh okay, I get it.” Usually when we do that, we really don’t get it. Write out your explanations in order to force yourself to prove that you understand. Write out a break down of the stimulus and of each answer choice. Then explain why each answer choice is either right or wrong. You also want to be working from a clean copy of the test. It doesn’t seem like a big deal, but when we work from our PT, we get emotionally attached to our work and to our answer choice. We become more concerned with trying to prove ourselves correct than with achieving a deep level of understanding. Once you’re done with your BR, then and only then should you grade your test. Make sure to use the 7Sage grader so that you can start building your analytics.

Your results will yield different information about each question:
    1. If you got it right and didn’t need to BR it, that’s obviously great!
    2. If you got it right and then confirmed your answer in BR, that’s good too, but it’s probably an under confidence error. It’s worth looking at how you could have gotten it without the uncertainty.
    3. If you got it wrong and corrected it on BR, that’s excellent. Learn from your mistake, and try to apply the lessons that question teaches you on similar questions in the future.
    4. If you got it wrong and still missed it in BR, that means you’re missing some fundamentals. With unlimited time, you should be able to answer every question correctly as long as you have all of the tools you need to do so. So missing a question in BR typically means you are missing some tools. Return to the curriculum and reinforce the weaknesses that that question exposed. This could also indicate a sloppy, half-assed BR. Don’t let it mean this. Just say no.
    5. Then there are the ones you missed and didn’t BR. These over confidence errors are the worst. This means that the LSAT fooled you. It’s one thing when you miss a question and understand that you didn’t quite grasp it. It’s quite another to miss one when you were 100% confident you had it right. Look very closely at these. Determine what went wrong, how you could have avoided it, and what you need to do to make sure you don’t get fooled again.

Blind Review is an intense process, but doing it right is the best thing you can do to improve your score. Have patience with it. And be willing to listen to what it tells you.
    1287 karma
    Ok cool, i took a test today and was goin to br tonight ill make sure to br it the correct way except for Rc did so bad ill br the whole thing
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Write out your explanations in order to force yourself to prove that you understand. Write out a break down of the stimulus and of each answer choice. Then explain why each answer choice is either right or wrong
    This. This is extremely important. Being 100% honest with yourself during the BR process is also important. You dont want to inflate your scores because it will reflect on the actual test.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    For future reference @"Dillon A. Wright" has this weird obsession with not capitalizing titles on this forum lol
    1287 karma
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    For future reference @"Dillon A. Wright" has this weird obsession with not capitalizing titles on this forum lol
    I don't like being yelled at, OKAY. :(