Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR vs. Timed Problem Set scores

gferrerjrgferrerjr Member
edited July 2016 in General 14 karma
So I'm working through the problem sets on the harder weakening questions. Through BR I can get 80-100% correct, while doing timed I am only able to get maybe 40-60%. Should this be a concern at this point in time? I have also been doing prep for about eight hours today, so that is one thing I can attribute to the scores. There was a point earlier today I was 25/25 on timed.

Note: My test date is December 3rd, 2016

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited July 2016 11542 karma
    I think you're on the right track- it seems you are getting questions incorrect not because you don't understand the content but rather because of the timed constraints...that's the cool part about BR- it shows your true LSAT potential in essence. Keep PTing and make sure to save the later ones for when you get closer to game day.
    Also - don't be afraid to review the curriculum throughout your PTs.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Your problem seems to be timing. I'm the same way. The best way to combat this issue is to drill timed sections. Work on skipping strategies; know when it's time to cut your losses and move on, understand that coming back to a stimulus with a fresh set of eyes is much better than rereading it 20 times and hoping that something will magically change.
    Also, focus on drilling the questions that you tend to get wrong more frequently than the others. Those questions are probably time sinks for you.
  • gferrerjrgferrerjr Member
    14 karma
    I mean generally I'm doing 8 hours straight of studying. When I am early on into a session, timing really isn't a problem.