Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Regarding Letters of Recommendations

jjwang120jjwang120 Member
edited August 2016 in General 98 karma
I have some questions regarding letters of recommendations. I have yet to get/take an LSAT that I'm ready to submit with my application, so I am still aiming to take it one last time. And I am trying to, as the good people of 7sage have advised, "aim for a score, not a date." That being said, I'm hoping to apply during this cycle (which does sort of put me in a date--either September/December 2016, but we'll see). Should I still ask for LOR from professors? Would they feel offended if I don't end up applying this cycle? If I discuss this with my professors, might they see this as irresponsible/not worth their time? Outside of LSAT prep, I am trying (just beginning) to start with my applications.
Thank you, in advance.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @jjwang120 said:
    "aim for a score, not a date."
    Smart move.
    @jjwang120 said:
    but we'll see
    I like this.
    @jjwang120 said:
    Should I still ask for LOR from professors?
    Yesss do so ASAP!
    @jjwang120 said:
    Would they feel offended if I don't end up applying this cycle?
    haha, no and I don't see why that would concern them. I have 2 LORs from last year!

@jjwang120 said:
    If I discuss this with my professors, might they see this as irresponsible/not worth their time?
    Nope, they like to see former students making something of themselves lol :)

Just make sure to do all this ASAP and ask many professors, espeically ones you got an A in their upper-level class.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I can't imagine anybody feeling offended by being asked to write a letter while the memory of the student is still fresh in their mind, even if the letter only gets used a year later.
    Start as soon as you can, that will give you the best chance to find the most enthusiastic writers you can, and it will give them enough time to give you the best letter they can.
    Good luck!
  • jjwang120jjwang120 Member
    98 karma
    @runiggyrun @montaha.rizeq Thank you, both, so much!