Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need advice got kicked in the butt with PT 72

crazyloedcrazyloed Alum Member
edited August 2016 in General 105 karma
Hey guys last week I was redoing PTs in the 60's and getting scores around 167. The first time I did the 60's PT was during last october. I did PT 72 for the first time and ended up with a 154. Any advice?

Comments

• AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    BR the heck out of it man. No easy route. Don't let that discourage you though!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    A lower score just means that a given test has more to teach you. Make sure you learn all the lessons it has to offer you.
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Some advice from Rocky
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    A lower score just means that a given test has more to teach you. Make sure you learn all the lessons it has to offer you.

I am going to live by this quote from now on!

@crazydeol

@"Cant Get Right" and @Alejandro are correct. BR the heck out of it and learn the lessons that test has to offer you. But also remember that sometimes we have off days. I would say that perhaps the difference in the 60s and 70s could have accounted for the difference in scores, and that could certainly be part of it. I would also guess that at least part of that lower score might have been just an off day. It could have also had a higher proportion of questions types you need work on. Plus, some tests are just harder.

So just take your time with blind reviewing - it's extremely important and should not be rushed. Some days, you'll have breakthroughs, some days you won't, but patience and consistency are key.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    Also 72 kicks a LOT of peoples teeth in, its hard, the first time I did it, Nicole saved me from a meltdown.

Like everyone says its just a score. I appreciate the harder tests because they can teach me so much.

The test exposed a possible vulnerability so BR, figure it out and youll thank 72 later!
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    BR BR BR BR BR BR BR. Don't set PT72 aside until you have a concrete list of things you know you need to work on.
  • crazyloedcrazyloed Alum Member
    edited August 2016 105 karma
    Hey guys I just finished BRing every question from the LR sections and I only got -2 wrong on each. I feel as if I got affected by the time pressure and wasn't able to retain the stimulus from the first read. My question is what can I do to make sure I effectively retain the stimulus the first time I read. I didn't finish one LR section on the timed attempt so clearly I need more of an effective skipping strategy. How else can I discover my weaknesses? I know about 7sages Lr weakest section tool but should I grind sections or should I grind question types? Also when using the LR analytics tool should I limit my PT to most recent or something like last three. I appreciate all your guys help I was feeling down but now I have a sense of determination. @"Cant Get Right" @Alejandro @blah170blah @stepharizona @"Alex Divine" I think I can get ready for sept