Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clarity on the Fool Proof Method

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
in Logic Games 107 karma
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    @generationhar said:
    How many logic games do any of you suggest I do in a day for the Fool Proof Method? The plan is to go from linear to advanced linear, etc.
    I don't think the number of games is important. That is to say that there is no prescribed number per day.
    @generationhar said:
    Suppose I complete five linear games today. I get four of the five "wrong" (a few mistakes, too long). Do I follow the Fool Proof Method immediately for those four, and then return to them in a week?
    Yes, that is essentially correct. I complete the games, watch the video explanations, memorize the inferences, and repeat until I can do it timed and go -0 and feeling like I "own" the game. Then I return to it within a week or so to make sure I am staying sharp.

Just remember that the fool proof method works because you are memorizing the inferences you are going to see and apply to future games. Sometimes I do games I've never seen before and get them done way under time/-0 because it is complete logic game deja vu. I already know the inferences / how to diagram from another similar game I fool proofed.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Just remember that the fool proof method works because you are memorizing the inferences you are going to see and apply to future games. Sometimes I do games I've never seen before and get them done way under time/-0 because it is complete logic game deja vu. I already know the inferences / how to diagram from another similar game I fool proofed.
    And that my friends, is how you fool proof.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Nailed it.
    Bear in mind that the point of fool proofing isn't to do as many games as possible. It's to learn how the game writers hide their inferences, and to be able to efficiently spot and utilize said inferences.
    I fool proofed a tad differently. For PTs 1-35, I would pick a random PT, pull out the LG section, and time myself on each game. If I meet any of the conditions sufficient for fool proofing, I fool proofed that game. The next day I would do the same thing + continue fool proofing the games from the day prior. Keep doing this until you are scoring in the -0/-1 range.
    For PTs 36 +, I would fool proof every game if my score on the section was lower than -1 (e.g -2, -3, etc.).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    107 karma
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @generationhar said:
    The reason I ask has to do with scheduling: if I plan to take the exam in December, I want to develop a schedule that can cover the different games from now until then. Improvements will obviously depend on how quickly I learn.
    Exactly! The improvements are going to 100% be contingent on how quickly you can get the games down to -0 under time AND feel like you own them. I sometimes find myself going -0 and doing it in under the time JY recommends, but I redo them because I don't feel like I owned it, you know? I guess I occasionally feel my confidence lacking with certain questions that lead me to believe it is best do do again.

So, if you're planning December, I don't think there is anyway to accurately say do X number of games a day and you'll be ready. BUT I do think a provisional plan will be helpful.