Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PrepTest Question

aimhigh180aimhigh180 Member
in General 13 karma
Once I complete the 7sage course, how often per week should I take a preptest?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Twice seems good for most people! just make sure it's not one after the other and you give lots of time for BR :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @aimhigh180 said:
    Once I complete the 7sage course, how often per week should I take a preptest?
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Twice seems good for most people! just make sure it's not one after the other and you give lots of time for BR :)

Yup, exactly! I think twice a week seems to be the recommended standard. It gives you the perfect amount of time to do them and get a thorough blind review done while staving off burn out.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27890 karma
    Yeah, twice is about all most people can handle productively. It’s important to remember that taking a PT is actually a very small part of the PT process. The BR is much more important, and addressing the weaknesses the PT/BR expose is even more important still. This takes way more time than the actual PT, and doing this part of the process thoroughly is far more important than the actual PT, especially when you’re fresh out of the curriculum. I might even plan for just one a week starting out, depending on where you score on your first post curriculum PT and how that score compares to your target score. Taking PTs feels super productive, but it really isn’t unless you’re learning the lessons each PT has to teach you. So just be careful you’re viewing PTs for what they are.
  • aimhigh180aimhigh180 Member
    13 karma
    Thanks everyone for your advice.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    1-3 times. Most people stick with 2/week. My PT/BR schedule is as follows:
    Monday: PT and start BRing
    Tuesday: BR
    Wednesday: BR + review what I got wrong post-BR completion
    Thursday: PT and start BRing
    Friday: BR
    Saturday: BR + review what I got wrong post-BR completion
    Sunday: Review this week's BRs and drill question, passage, and game types that gave me trouble. Reserve half the day for relaxing.