Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on course purchase?

DJ JohnsonDJ Johnson Alum Member
in General 44 karma
Hey guys! I'm currently studying for the September LSAT and I have been self studying with the Powerscore books but I feel like I need more explanation than they offer. So I am looking into purchasing a 7sage course.

Of the ultimate and starter, which would you guys advice and do you think this will be enough as far as course contents to increase my scores?

Also, if I purchase the ultimate and use it for 4 months (I am planning to take the December exam as well because I don't think I will be fully prepared for the September exam), is it a waste of money? Or should I cancel my registration for the September exam and stick to only taking the December exam?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    All courses are great and consist of the same material except the higher you go the more PT explanations you're exposed to and drilling excersices. Obviously the ultimate+ course is the best bang for your buck but many people have successfully scored high with the starter pack. And although I do think you might want to postpone your LSAT date because you're starting 7sage so late it's hard to say since I don't know your PT score
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @DJ21SGG10 said:
    Of the ultimate and starter, which would you guys advice and do you think this will be enough as far as course contents to increase my scores?

Also, if I purchase the ultimate and use it for 4 months (I am planning to take the December exam as well because I don't think I will be fully prepared for the September exam), is it a waste of money? Or should I cancel my registration for the September exam and stick to only taking the December exam?
    I think you should get the Ultimate course if you can afford it. It is honestly beyond helpful having the full course, tons of problem sets, and the sexy question bank of 1900+ questions. And my favorite is having every PT 36-current explained in full with videos. You really see where you went wrong and it helps infinitely with improvement. And in my biased opinion, it is probably the best thing out there to help you increase your score. Now of course you have to put the requisite work in, but so long as you do that and follow 7Sage's tried-and-true philosophy you will increase your score.

I think you should cancel your September exam and go for December Whenever you are 100% ready and confident to go in that testing room and score your target score! More time is only going to help you. And I bet if you go through the 7Sage course you will be very happy you did when you get your score back in January.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I'm going to say that if you're dead set on September, and you're not going to take again for sure, then the Starter is probably all you need.

If you are willing to be flexible and put as much time in as you need to get a top score, ultimate all the way.

That said, if money is an issue, as it was for me. You should start out with the Starter, and upgrade when you have the money or when you get to the point in time where you are needing the material (i.e. particular question explanations) to save a little bit of money.

Good luck <3
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27858 karma
    @DJ21SGG10 said:
    I have been self studying with the Powerscore books but I feel like I need more explanation than they offer.
    You are correct. PS is great at teaching you tricks to work around each question, but really falls short at teaching the deep underlying principles the test is built on. You’ve got to learn these deeper concepts if you want to score well. 7Sage does this better than anyone.

And the starter is definitely enough to get you, well, started. You get the entire curriculum and you can always upgrade later to get the PT explanations and additional features. But you won’t need any of that to begin with.

And if you’re considering withdrawing from September, that is almost certainly the correct move. My guess is that if you’re feeling like you need to start with a new study curriculum, you’re falling short of where you want to be. At this point in the game, it’s too late to be able to reasonably expect to make significant gains before test day. You need to be testing within a couple points of your target score to even think about testing, and ideally, you want to be at or above it by this point in the game.

And if you haven’t already, stop taking PTs. Each fresh test is invaluable and if you’re testing before you’ve got the fundamentals on lock down, you’re wasting them.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    The beautiful thing about 7Sage is that regardless of which package you choose, you will have full access to the entire "core" curriculum. The more you spend, the more resources you'll have at your disposal for practicing.
    With only 6 weeks left, I would recommend one of the more premium packages (doesn't even have to be ultimate)...that is assuming you'll benefit from the extra problem sets AND have time to PT and BR.
    No, it's not a waste of money if you actually intend on going through the additional problem sets.