Applying with two low scores + December write

sacul123sacul123 Member
in General 28 karma
Hey there!

I've written the test already twice and did not do well at all (146 and 150). I took it before reading up on anything and totally didn't take into account the "don't write if you're not ready" mantra. I didn't put much thought into the process and wrote my first time after only 6 weeks of studying. Nevertheless, I think I know the test pretty well and since I've started taking 7Sage and doing Blind Review, I already feel much more confident for my third and final write. I honestly feel that the more I keep up with 7Sage and LSAT Trainer and Blind Reviewing, I could actually jump up 8-10 points by December (very optimistic, I know). My concern is, I wonder if it will be to my disadvantage when I apply to schools this November with two poor LSAT scores and a pending December score. I'm worried schools will disregard my application right away before my third score comes in.

Thoughts?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @sacul123 said:
    I've written the test already twice and did not do well at all
    Me pre 7sage.
    @sacul123 said:
    I took it before reading up on anything and totally didn't take into account the "don't write if you're not ready" mantra.
    Me again.
    @sacul123 said:
    I didn't put much thought into the process and wrote my first time after only 6 weeks of studying.
    Me. Me. Me.
    @sacul123 said:
    I've started taking 7Sage and doing Blind Review, I already feel much more confident for my third and final write. I honestly feel that the more I keep up with 7Sage and LSAT Trainer and Blind Reviewing, I could actually jump up 8-10 points by December (very optimistic, I know).
    AWESOME! Usually your last 5 genuine PT scores are a great indication of what your actual score will be on game day :)
    @sacul123 said:
    I'm worried schools will disregard my application right away before my third score comes in.

Don't be. Thankfully 99.9% of schools only take the highest LSAT score so you should be good! Many folks on here have taken the LSAT more than once and still got into their dream school. If anything, the adcomms seeing a significant jump in your LSAT scores should give you a minor bump up.

Hope this helps :)
  • stellaaaastellaaaa Alum Member
    8 karma
    My situation is really similar to you. I have two bad grades and am planning to take December LSAT while preparing for application. So, don't be! We will somehow handle it well!! Let's do this!!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    I relate..... just kick ass this third time.
  • sacul123sacul123 Member
    28 karma
    You guys are awesome, thank you!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Don't be. Thankfully 99.9% of schools only take the highest LSAT score so you should be good! Many folks on here have taken the LSAT more than once and still got into their dream school. If anything, the adcomms seeing a significant jump in your LSAT scores should give you a minor bump up.

Hope this helps :)
    I agree that you shouldn't worry. Just make sure you are 100% ready to kill it on game day. If you feel like you need more time to reach your true potential, take it. :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Yeah, that's going to be a problem at Yale and that's about it. NYU claims to average your scores, but we'll see about that. Other than that no one else even pretends like they care about anything but your highest score. Your high score is the only thing that counts towards their rankings stats, and that's what they care about.