Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sufficient Assumption Help

in General 21 karma
Hey Guys,

I've been trying to practice and grind on Sufficient Assumption questions. I know how mechanical these can be, but I have found out that I am having trouble translating the stimulus. Overall, I understand the lawgic and everything else, but it has been frustrating because I am having trouble at the first step and not even being able to utilize lawgic. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Comments

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean. Can you provide a question and tell us what you're stuck on? Are you not finding the premise and conclusion to determine the gap? Conditionals? Have you watched the webinar? The thing that helped me the most was asking myself what would have to happen to "trigger" or "guarantee" the conclusion? The webinar simplified my strategy for SA questions. I was always stronger with NA but when SA clicked, NA became a cake walk.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited August 2016 27822 karma
    If you know the logic and are still struggling, then you're probably having trouble identifying your terms. A ---> B is a lot easier to work with than all the convoluted grammatical structures and referential phrasing they use in LSAT stims. Sometimes I'll notate my passage by boxing in my terms. That can go a long way towards simplifying things to as close to A ---> B as possible. From there it's just a matter of drawing the right arrow between the right terms in the right direction.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    So to clarify, you understand how lawgic works/looks, but don't know how to utilize it for SA questions (sorry, I didn't exactly understand the question)?
    If that's the case, I would review the lawgic lessons and go through the drills that J.Y. provides. Since SA questions are incredibly mechanical, practice makes perfect - expose yourself to as many lawgic drills/questions as possible. Familiarize yourself with the group 1-4 indicators, translating to lawgic should come naturally after a fair amount of practice.