Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Week of LSAT [3 questions regarding final prep]

legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
in General 277 karma
The September test is fast-approaching. I've been getting mixed messages online with regards to prep in the last two weeks before the exam. I had a couple questions that I thought I'd put up for discussion. I realize a lot of this might be up to personal preference but wanted to see what you guys would have to say.

1) Do you write any *new* PT's in the final week?

2) If yes, is it really worthwhile to write the most recently published one. (I.e. PT 78 before September 2016 exam?) Wouldn't this limit your chances of reviewing and possibly affect your confidence if you write poorly considering it's most likely to reflect what the actual test would look like?

3) Assuming you are in a position to clear your schedule the week before the test, would it be better to do light review (i.e. drills and timed sections) or try to take time off of the lsat and relax (seeing as how I find frequently mentioned - you are unable to change little if anything in the last week anyways)

Comments

• CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    You should try to do the latest PTs before then to get an idea of the recent trends. Personally, I'm going to take my last PT the Saturday before in the most similar conditions possible. This means I'll be waking up at the appropriate time, and try to copy the steps I imagine I'm taking. I'll spend the rest of the week reviewing that test, and do couple logic games. By Thursday, I'm going to shut off, relax and wait for gameday.
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    277 karma
    @sison.bonifacio Absolutely, I intend on taking most of the 70's by then. Thanks for sharing your take on it. Benefit of your approach is still having a week before the exam to review which sounds pretty reasonable. Assuming you've looked at them, what would you say are the trends in the 70's series in relation to the 60's?
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    @legal_name LR sections are trickier and more dense. The answer choices especially include more trickier trap answers. Another difference is that logic games are a little harder than the 60s, and they've included a modification of in/out groups that require a new game set up (charts).

My average score in the 70s is a little lower than the 50s/60s PTs. It takes some minor adjustments but I don't think the new differences insurmountable.
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    277 karma
    @CalPoliSci Looking forward to writing them, thanks for being so thorough. I'll be watching out for that. Best of luck with your studies as well! :)