Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burnout

Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
in General 903 karma
The burnout is real, just did a 142 on PT June 2008. Ive been a member of 7sage for over a year, taken a ton of PTs, averaging in the 163-168 area. Ive tried to take it slow but I just bombed the holy f#@* out of this one for some reason. Oh well. Im going to take a few days off before my senior year starts and have some beers, clean my car, and listen to my favorite band Avenged Sevenfold.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Paul Pederson" said:
    h well. Im going to take a few days off before my senior year starts and have some beers, clean my car, and listen to my favorite band Avenged Sevenfold.
    The burnout is real indeed! Sorry to hear that it hit you so hard all at once.... The good news is that you seem to possess the perfect mindset about dealing with it. Take some time off, relax, have some beers, and chill. You will be back to the mid-to-high 160s in no time :)

Good luck
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Get some much needed rest, burnout is rough.
  • Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma
    I need to be more active on these boards, however its hard due to working roughly 50 hours a week. These discussion boards are a gold mine for inspiration and information. I plan on sitting this Dec, however if I don't feel it I will put off for another cycle and be much more active on the boards.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Welcome to your first dose of LSAT-induced burn out...let's hope it doesn't strike again. When it comes to the LSAT, preventative medicine trumps curative medicine.
    In the future, if you feel that you're about to burn out, stop studying, and take a day or two off. It's a lot easier to recover from a near-burnout experience than it is to bounce back after burning out.
  • Darth JuristDarth Jurist Member
    453 karma
    @"Paul Pederson" said:
    The burnout is real, just did a 142 on PT June 2008. Ive been a member of 7sage for over a year, taken a ton of PTs, averaging in the 163-168 area.
    You sound beyond burnout. You sound completely fried!!
  • Mellow_ZMellow_Z Alum Member
    edited August 2016 1997 karma
    @"Paul Pederson" said:
    I need to be more active on these boards, however its hard due to working roughly 50 hours a week. These discussion boards are a gold mine for inspiration and information. I plan on sitting this Dec, however if I don't feel it I will put off for another cycle and be much more active on the boards.
    Same boat for me man. Engineer work load is awful as far as work life balance AND trying to study diligently. Keeping things on topic, it is very easy to get burned out while balancing (or attempting to balance) 3-4 daily aspects of your life. I am never afraid to take a day or two off just to keep my mind clear and healthy. I got burnt out in undergrad and tanked my gpa a half a point so I know how easy it is to start snowballing out of control.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    It's cool. Take a break. When you come back br the test thoroughly when you have time.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27847 karma
    Yep, take off and relax. And clean your car. That can actually be really therapeutic. I underperformed my last couple PTs and am on a break as well. Going to clean up around the house, then tonight drink some bourbon and tinker with my PS. Remember what Hemingway said: "Write drunk. Edit sober." Or was that Faulkner? No, two sentences in four words definitely Hemingway. I'm sure Bill would have agreed with the sentiment though. Anyway, I'm right there with you OP.

Take 'er easy.
  • Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma
    Ya, I also think that my little puppy going in for surgery this morning had something to do with it. Good news is she made it out ok and is doing fine. I'm defiantly going to be more active on these boards though.
  • jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma
    Aw I'm glad to hear your puppy is doing good! @"Paul Pederson"
    Burnout is super real! I took the December 2015 LSAT DURING my burnout! Worst decision ever.
    Sit back, relax, listen to music, have a drink, watch some mindless show on Netflix, meditate, whatever floats your boat! A couple days off won't hurt.
    You got this!
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Going to clean up around the house, then tonight drink some bourbon and tinker with my PS. Remember what Hemingway said: "Write drunk. Edit sober."
    Questioning life choices when I haven't encountered this quote in my 28 years of life. Love it.
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    Just relax a tad
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27847 karma
    @draj0623 said:
    Questioning life choices when I haven't encountered this quote in my 28 years of life. Love it.
    Yeah, you've obviously made horrible decisions in life, haha. There's still time to correct course though.