Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I'm going to push back my LSAT

combsnicombsni Member
in General 652 karma
Recently I have been scoring in the low-to-mid 160's. However I just scored a 159 on practice test 53 and it was mainly to the fact that I had - 11 on the logic games (usually my best section). Granted, I just finished the practice test about 5 minutes ago and it is pretty late but I'm pretty panicked

Comments

  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @combsni said:
    Recently I have been scoring in the low-to-mid 160's. However I just scored a 159 on practice test 53 and it was mainly to the fact that I had - 11 on the logic games (usually my best section). Granted, I just finished the practice test about 5 minutes ago and it is pretty late but I'm pretty panicked
    Well I commend you for being honest with yourself and taking the right steps to ensure you reach your potential. The silver lining is if you are missing -11 in LG and still managed a 159 that means you absolutely have the potential to score in the 170s.

    If you are missing that many on LG and doing pretty damn good on RC/LR (which it seems like you are) I'd recommend doing an LG intensive where you do nothing but fool-proof games for a few weeks to a month, or however long it takes for you to get that LG score down. Then you will be killing it! Besides, you say it is usually your best section, so perhaps you just had a bad day.

    Also, don't forget to do a thorough BR and try to hold off scoring the test until you do...

    Good luck :)
  • combsnicombsni Member
    652 karma
    Alright, it is just kind of nerve wrecking. Tuesday is the last day to postpone and I am thinking about changing my target to the high 160's, in order to position myself better. I have previously stated that I am not really looking at a lot of top schools but a 168 or so would definitely sway me
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @combsni said:
    Alright, it is just kind of nerve wrecking. Tuesday is the last day to postpone and I am thinking about changing my target to the high 160's, in order to position myself better. I have previously stated that I am not really looking at a lot of top schools but a 168 or so would definitely sway me
    Isn't it funny how our goals change so much when taking this test. When I first began prepping my goal was a 165 and now it's a 180 (but I wouldn't retake a 173, lol)

    It is nerve wrecking dealing with the prospect of postponing and continuing the ever fun LSAT prep life.

    I guess you have to ask yourself what you really want. If you want want a certain job that you're more likely to get at a certain top schools, I say shoot for it. Either way if you aim high your options will be open, so that seems best in my opinion. I am also confident that of you can score in the mid-160s you can hit a 168 with some extra time prepping.

    Worse case you might snag a free ride to a non-T14, so studying extra for the LSAT wouldn't be all in vain, lol.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11536 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I'd recommend doing an LG intensive where you do nothing but fool-proof games for a few weeks to a month, or however long it takes for you to get that LG score down. Then you will be killing it! Besides, you say it is usually your best section, so perhaps you just had a bad day.

    Also, don't forget to do a thorough BR and try to hold off scoring the test until you do...
    Mhm.
Sign In or Register to comment.