Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post Syllabus Study Approach

rcscogginsrcscoggins Member
in General 54 karma
Hi Folks,

So I'm currently in that fun period where I've finished the curriculum and have been working my way through 3-4 months worth of prep tests. I've found the analytics are really helpful in determining where I'm lacking. I'm trying to determine how you make the best of that information. I work full-time so I don't have as much time as a student might, but I attempt to take 3 prep tests a week. I do my BR, go through my missed questions at that point, and then try to shore up my weaknesses. I don't have unlimited time- so determining how to make those weaknesses less soft is what I focus on.

How do others do this? Do you review old curriculum and drill? I've been reviewing in the curriculum on my weak points and running through a few drills, but I find my lackluster performance in these same weak areas goes mostly unchanged with the next prep test. Is there a specific way I need to approach addressing these weaknesses?

Also another factor is I take awhile to BR. For example, Games are really really hard for me. And despite the extensive games curriculum with this course I find I still only get to two games in a test so my BR is basically me redoing half of the games section. When I BR I often times can figure the other games out if I sit down and work through it without JY's video, It just might take an hour or two to get through it all. So for areas like that where I am struggling- I know the curriculum, I've drilled games before (because all games are the same right?) but I know that I'm weak in something like In/Out Seq games, or something like that. How do you go about addressing those weaknesses for yourself? Do you have a different method for LR or other sections? My Flaw/Method Reasoning questions are my biggest weakness and I review the curriculum and drill those but find that the performance is unchanged.

Any help that can be provided is most appreciated, thank you.

Comments