Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing the LSAT in China?

caroline.0404caroline.0404 Free Trial Member
in General 10 karma
Does anyone here have any experience writing the LSAT in China? I'll be moving there soon for school and I plan on writing at the Beijing testing centre in December.

I have heard that LSAC makes the games section of the Chinese LSAT harder, whereas, LR and RC are often slightly easier questions. Are these largely internet rumours, or is there any truth to them?

Any other advice is also welcome :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    I have heard this too, but not sure it is true...only people who took the test in both countries will be able to know.
    I also wonder whether this is true only in China...maybe it is true in other international countries (Europe, other Asia countries such as Korea Japan etc)?
    Do international countries use the same test? (so basically there are US version and outside of the US version)??
  • caroline.0404caroline.0404 Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    I do know that all international testing centres do use different tests. So there is a US version and for example a Chinese version, even if the test is written on the same day (to accommodate for the potential for cheating when there is such a sizeable time change perhaps?).

I'm just quite worried the Chinese games will be harder than the ones we might see in North America, but thinking about that logically (hah, no pun intended) it doesn't make much sense that LSAC would do that. Seems to counterintuitive to a fair universal testing process, no?
    edited September 2016 442 karma
    @caroline.0404 said:
    I do know that all international testing centres do use different tests.
    Really? So they have France version, Italy version, Korean version, Japanese version..etc?
    I doubt that...I think they only have 2 or 3 versions to prevent cheating. (since they are done in different days) Sorry if this is not what you meant though...

I mean...I hope so?
    Because there are international students in the U.S. too. A lot of them, actually...and not all of them speak English like native speakers do. They may be just staying in the U.S. for a few years or even 1 semester for studying abroad...
    I hope they are taking those students into consideration if they make different tests to be fair, otherwise not fair as you said, right? I don't know...
    edited September 2016 442 karma
    But at the same time I wonder why they do not disclose the versions done outside the U.S.
    If they have the same level, format etc, they should be able to disclose them...or maybe if they do so, it would be too many PTs to be published so they decided not disclosing them? no idea.
    Also I don't know why they do not publish Feb. ones neither...how is it different from other LSATs?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @caroline.0404 said:
    I do know that all international testing centres do use different tests. So there is a US version and for example a Chinese version, even if the test is written on the same day (to accommodate for the potential for cheating when there is such a sizeable time change perhaps?).
    Yes, while they are different tests no one test will be superior in difficulty to the other.
    @caroline.0404 said:
    I'm just quite worried the Chinese games will be harder than the ones we might see in North America, but thinking about that logically (hah, no pun intended) it doesn't make much sense that LSAC would do that. Seems to counterintuitive to a fair universal testing process, no?
    You answered your own question haha. It's a standardized test for a reason. This is similar to those who come up with weird conclusions on which LSAT is the most difficult (Sept. vs. Dec. etc.) Some people say the Feb. LSAT is the most difficult because it's non-disclosed and the June exam is the easiest for God knows what reason they come up with. I actually sat for a Feb. LSAT and it was easier than a Sept. test I sat for, so there goes that lol. Guys, please don't stress yourselves worrying about which country has the harder LSAT blah blah, it's all debunked and not worth your time thinking about. If you've been studying like crazy, doing well on PTs and BRs, giving it your all - you should be solid! :D
  • just.flyyjust.flyy Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 12 karma
    I'm taking the upcoming international LSAT and these posts were really helpful!
  • just.flyyjust.flyy Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 12 karma
    I agree with the above posts as well. At this point it's better to just focus on your potential as the exam is coming up so soon! Worrying about which test is easier or harder is not going to change anything. You're already signed up! No matter what score you get, you deserve it for all the work you've put in. Good luck everyone!
    10 karma
    Thanks @montaha.rizeq! Very much appreciated. :)
    10 karma
    @just.flyy Are you by any chance writing in China? If you could use a test/study buddy I'm in Zhengzhou
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    You're welcome and I hope you do amazing on the LSAT :)
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    maybe you can go to Hong Kong