Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR vs. CC

esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
edited September 2016 in General 382 karma
My score is on the decline. I have not been able to study as much since fall undergrad semester started, and my score just keeps going down every week. I do not have time to BR and re-do the CC due to undergrad classes / being a parent. If you had to choose between spending more time blind reviewing, or spending time reviewing the lessons.... which would you choose? I'm taking the December test.

P.S. My declining test scores,I have blind reviewed all but the last one:

August16th, PT 78...157
August 21st, PT 37... 152
August 28th, PT 38... 154
Sept 3rd, PT 55... 151
Sept 12th, PT 60.... 151
Sept 18th, PT 59.... 145 !!
Sept 25th, PT 58... 146 !!

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    Hi @esteerose,

for me it depends on what I am having trouble with. For example if I notice I keep missing certain type of questions, then I would review the lessons. But I would definitely blind review it as well. I would suggest maybe not doing as many PT's. I only do PT's once I think I have worked on/drilled over a weakness and I am dying to see how I perform with that improvement on a practice test and see where else I am weak on. I think its about quality and understanding versus doing many questions. So if it takes you two weeks to go through a PT and maybe additional week reviewing a certain question type in curriculum then I think you should do that and not worry about being in a time crunch.
  • esteeroseesteerose Alum Member
    382 karma
    @Motivated OK Yea i really needed this. I have been trying to focus on staying with the study-schedule I had in mind....Doing one or two timed PT's per week. I like your technique- waiting until I can improve. I'm going to BR this last one, PT58, and go through the lessons that I need.
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    Sounds good to me <3 Also, I just saw your posted scores. I had a similar situation two months ago where I had a decline in my scores, literally they were going down. Turns out all I needed was a break from PT and focus on drilling. I just did LG drilling for a month with some LR. Came back, and I am scoring once again, if not a little better than before my scores started going down. :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Agree with @Motivated . Take the time to respond to each test. That means thorough BR and returning to curriculum and drilling weaknesses. This is where the real gains are made, so by focusing on what you do between PTs instead of on the PTs themselves, you will do much better. Taking fewer PTs is perfectly fine.