Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Cedarville University

danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
Summary: The perfect test center, at least this time around. To anyone in Cincinnati, Columbus, or even Indianapolis, or in any surrounding areas, I highly suggest you consider taking the test here. The university is situated in a town with a population of a few thousand, and the university itself has a student body of a few thousand. The campus is thus relatively small and quiet, and the building used as the test center is on the quiet end (the very end) of campus. I'm biased because the university is my alma mater, but the 2.5 hour drive to get there was more than worth it.

Setting Pros: The rooms were large, and with only maybe 15 test takers, we were all placed far apart from one another. There are no desks in the entire building, only long tables. The room we were in had especially long ones, which curved around the class and were divided into two sections, with a walkway in between them. The room was quiet with little to no background noise, lighting was good, and the entire building was absent anyone aside from test takers and the proctors. The bathrooms are ten seconds away from the testing room, and parking is free and more than plentiful. Parking spaces can be found on the side and back of the building, and the parking lot is immediately adjacent to the building. Chairs are padded and have nice backs to them, and given that I deal with chronic back pain, I'd like to think my perspective on the chairs is a telling one, haha. The inn is a two-minute drive from the testing center, and the drive is down the town's main road. The inn itself is nice - not many breakfast options, but I brought my own breakfast. During off times, 90-100% of the people staying at the inn are in their 60s, and the inn was thus very, very quiet.

Setting Cons: Usually, the rooms in the building have really good air conditioning, though it was noticeably warm on test day. This may have been the result of the recent heat wave that had just come in. I was wearing pants and a buttoned-down shirt and was fine enough, though I tend to get cold more than warm when indoors.

The building used for the testing center is a bit tucked away, though that's hardly saying much given the small size of the campus. I knew how to get there, of course, so I can only guess the degree of difficulty finding the building. I saw a few handmade signs that read "LSAT" along the town's main road and in campus, but I only noticed them after the test.

There's only one small inn in town, and it will be booked well in advance should there be any big events on campus. I was able to get a room a month out, though I don't think they had many rooms available. All other hotels are at least twenty minutes out, if not farther.

Proctor Pros: Both proctors were practically perfect. I heard them quickly and quietly whisper to one another three times during the entire test, and even then, it was basically undetectable. Time was held to a tee. The proctors were nice, patient, and not overbearing. I had a proctor walk by me maybe two or three times during the test.

Proctor Cons: The proctors quietly whispered a total of maybe ten words to each other the entire test.