Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How should I study for December?

islandersandyankeesislandersandyankees Alum Member
in General 65 karma
Hey Guys,

In studying for the September test, I took PTs 63-78. These are the most modern ones; I did not think that I would need to take the December lsat, but now I think I have to. How should I study for it? Should I do PTs 51-63? But then I would not be doing the most modern ones? I sort of messed up :'(

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    First, see how you did on the LSAT in the first place. Once scores are released, you're given the opportunity to view the test with your answers for 90 days. During this time, while you can certainly challenge any question you got wrong that you believe is right, you should also see where your weak area(s) were. After doing this, you should now have a good idea of where to focus more for the next LSAT. It doesn't have to be December, but it's certainly an option. Also you should keep the newer PTs for the later stages of your prep, meaning to hone down the skills that you were slacking in, then begin PTing with legit BR.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    You'll be able to use the newest tests for retakes, so don't worry too much about having already used them. You went all in for September, and that's fine. By the time you get back to them, which I imagine would be mid-October/November, those tests won't be so familiar to you.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Yeah, you're still in good shape. I don't think that puts you at a significant disadvantage. Lots of extra value in retakes.
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma
    I agree. Do not worry. Retakes are very valuable. For example, if you get a question wrong on the original take and the retake, you really know it is a weak point. You can then hone in on it and knock it out with review and drilling.

I also find that I catch interesting insights into questions on retakes. You figure out additional reasons why wrong answers are wrong or how trap answer choices are written.
  • jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma
    I have never retaken a PT. When would you decide to do so?
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Retakes are great especially for people that wasted PT's before they were ready. The best ways I have found to utilize retakes:

- Retake the first few PT's when you started PT'ing after finishing the curriculum - after enough time away from them which can vary, there is so much to learn because I really had no clue what I was doing or how to BR at that point.

- Retake PT's especially for working on timing/skipping strategies to avoid time sinks and confidence deflators. It can take some time to develop the skills because part of your brain is transitioning to let-go and move on which can be counter-intuitive and frustrating and be hugely distracting when trying to focus on the actual question.

- Retake PT's when you first start to record yourself PT'ing. There is nothing more disconcerting knowing that you are critiquing your process while you are taking the test instead of "focusing" on the test and then watch the video for critique. The 1st time I recorded, it was hysterical how "deer in headlights" I was at being on film, heehee.

- Retake and Full-Proof all of the LG's from previous PTs. I didn't start this until a few months ago and regret not doing it from the get-go.

Hope this helps:)
  • Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma
    Would four weeks be enough time to lapse for a retake? I'm hoping to PT the 70s between now and December.