Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What happens if your essay was poorly written?

Cecilia ZCecilia Z Member
in General 144 karma
Hey guys!

This past test I know for a fact that my essay was written terribly. My reasoning was not strong at all and I wrote only until the halfway point of the back page. Not being hard on myself at all-- this essay really was a piece of junk. I plan to take the test again in December, and I'm going to make sure that not only my score improves tremendously (definitely scored ~153 on this one) but also that I write a whole lot better to make up for this first try. Trying my hardest to rebound from a pretty bad test overall. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks so much!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Don't worry about the essay. After taking the LSAT, most of us are doing well just to construct a sentence, much less an argument. They understand that this essay is written under enormous stress and is not representative of a whole lot. I doubt anyone even reads them at most programs.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    After taking the LSAT, most of us are doing well just to construct a sentence, much less an argument.
    http://thumbs.anyclip.com/tLnIvXIjR/tmb_1190_480.jpg
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma
    Lol @montaha.rizeq ! Pretty much!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Pretty much!
    "Society"
  • ajcrowelajcrowel Free Trial Member
    207 karma
    Please don't "waste" time on the essay. It isn't scored and more than half of schools don't even look at it. Those that do view it use it as a check on the authenticity of your personal statement writing sample (which I always thought odd because LSAT sample is analytical, personal statement is narrative). Anyway, you're much better off scoring a 158 with a **it writing sample on the LSAT than scoring a 153 with a good sample.

If you like to write well let that come through in the personal statement. Just my 2cents.