Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many sections/problem sets do you do per day?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
in General 442 karma
Hello,

Just wondering how other students do...
If you have free time all the day, (weekends, summer vacation etc)
How do you study? How many questions or sections do you do&review?

Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    How do you study? How many questions or sections do you do&review
    Be careful because everyone is different and learns differently...

But my routine is a bit different everyday. I try to make sure I do some games /fool proofing everyday and either a section of LR (or the equivalent) or a RC section. I'm not sure I do any set amount of the problem sets, but when I do a lesson I usually do 4-6 problem sets, or until I feel like I got it down. I try to do 1-2 easy, 1-2 medium and 1-2 of the hardest level of the problem sets.

I don't really have free time during the day due to work, but I study for 4-5 hours after work at night. If I had the entire day free, I would absolutely treat it like a full-time job and plug away for 8 hours a day. Maybe 4 in the morning and 4 at night.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    Thanks @"Alex Divine",
    Yeah I know everyone study differently but I can only do 2 sections with review,
    and thought I did not do well...or just too slow.
    Do you mean if you have all the day you will do 4 sections in the morning and 4 sections at night...??
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Literally 1+ to all dat.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    Yeah I know everyone study differently but I can only do 2 sections with review,
    and thought I did not do well...or just too slow.
    Do you mean if you have all the day you will do 4 sections in the morning and 4 sections at night...??
    No, lol. Sorry I should have specified that I meant 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening. I actually got my job about 2 weeks after I began prepping and for those 2 weeks I would study in the morning from 9am- 12pm and then from 1pm until 4pm. But alas, summer and college are both over for me, lol.

Why can you only do 2 sections with review per day? Class/work/life ? Or you just feel burned out after 2? If the latter, then endurance may be something you want to work on. If the former then perhaps you could find little holes in your schedule that would allow you to get a short study session in. Sometimes if I am eating lunch alone I will do a logic game or two while I'm sitting there rather than scroll through Instagram or check Twitter. I figure if I do an extra 4-6 games a week during my lunch break that could make a big difference over the course of a few months.

I've really made an effort to commit important things to memory and to not move forward until I understand something 100% Early on there were a lot of lessons I glossed over and neglected hoping I would never have to see again. Sure enough a few weeks later I will be going through a lesson and find out that if only I had memorized X Lesson, this new lesson would be a piece of cake.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Literally 1+ to all dat.
    If @montaha.rizeq says she agrees then you know it is solid advice! :D
    442 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Why can you only do 2 sections with review per day?
    So I do study slow...
    I guess I'm taking too much time for review :(
    I'm trying to fully understand each question...and I compare explanations from different websites cuz sometimes I found people see answer choices differently.
    Am I just wasting time? :(
    Previously I did not review well so even though I spent a lot of time for this test I did not improve a lot so after hearing JY's BR method, I started to try to fully understand each answer choice but maybe I did not do the work efficiently...
    How many sections am I supposed to do with review? I know it depends but just wanna have some aim.
    (sometimes I can do 3 sections if I do not do other things such as cooking checking emails etc but on average 2 sections plus review)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Tina Cho"

How much time per day do you set aside for LSAT prep?

I mean there is no prescribed amount of study per day. Like I said, everyone is different and has a different lifestyle and schedule, be it school, work, kids, or a Netflix addiction, lol.

I'm personally of the thought that one should try to do 2-3 hours a day at a minimum 6 days a week.

Also, if it is taking that long to review the work perhaps you need to revise the fundamentals. Sure there are going to be a few hard ones that take a while. Shoot, to be honest there have been times where an LR question has taken me 15 minutes to figure out what the heck is going on. Usually when that happens it turns out I read something wrong.

Do you have a 7Sage course? If not, I would highly recommend getting a starter course. (You can upgrade if you so choose) But the $179 bucks that it costs makes it worth it and a must have for anyone prepping for the LSAT. I cannot say that enough.
    442 karma
    6-8 hours now.
    so it's like 3 hours at least per section..
    Bought their PT78 explanation, really liked it so maybe?
    But I'm not sure I have time to finish their course..
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    6-8 hours now.
    Perfect amount of time. Many people I personally know who hit the 170s studied like a full time job.
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    so it's like 3 hours at least per section..
    I think that sounds like you need to work on learning some fundamentals. 3 hours seems like you might be learning more than just your mistakes as you go through the sections. Hoe many are you getting wrong per section?
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    Bought their PT78 explanation, really liked it so maybe?
    Get the starter course! The lessons are game changers. Going through the core curriculum will teach you all you need for the LSAT. What prep materials have you used to prep this far?
    edited October 2016 442 karma
    right now around -6 in each section...for RC it's a little more.
    I have been using manhattan prep and Trainer. (I heard the author of Trainer is from manhattan prep too?)
    Do they teach different things from 7sage?
    I wonder how much overlap they have..
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @"Tina Cho" sign up for the course. There is a free 2 week trial. If you aren't satisfied you get your money back. I don't think you have anything to lose. Give it a shot!