Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your favorite LSAT Question and why?

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
edited October 2016 in General 1024 karma
Mine is for sure PT69.S1.Q14

The test writers really outdid themselves with this one. For some reason this concept is just really interesting to me (the flaw). Perhaps how properties of two things when taken independent of each other can be different when you combine them together.

This relationship is easy to see when you have different color paint etc but in LSAT world I found it super interesting.

Spent 30 minutes trying to understand what was wrong yet still could not understand the flaw until I looked.

Comments

• ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    PT 9 S3 Game 3 - The School dance game. The sort of game that I would have lost my shit on had it been on the real deal, but taking the time to split the game boards and make all necessary inferences makes the questions a breeze
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I can't remember the exact questions but I always like LR questions that remind me of people I know. For instance my wife is a pediatrician so when there are vaccination questions I get a kick out of them. My father-in-law likes to come up with amazing theories to disprove the theory of relativity so Einstein questions are humorous. I personally liked an LR question about "Big Lake Camp" because I worked at a summer camp called Big Lake Youth Camp. Stuff like that just makes me chuckle during the exam.
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    218 karma
    Any question that says: Choose the answer choice that matches the overall conclusion or something. Never have to "understand" the stimulus, but just locate the conclusion =).
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    For some reason the LSAT has written several questions on turtles and I have liked them all. Overall, I liked the question on the goblin fern. A really, really tough almost impenetrable necessary assumption question. TBH, I enjoy questions on nature and wildlife.

If you google "goblin fern" the second result down is a link to a discussion on the necessary assumption question. The LSAT question on the fern seems to take precedent over discussions of the actual fern. lol!

I think that 69-1-19 is one of the most important questions I have come across in my studies. It has everything: a purported causal relationship, the language of necessity, a subtle hint at an existing contrapositive, an answer choice that reverses the conditional relationship and subtly formulated in a way to get the reader to think the the earthworm is the cause. The LSAT really sets you up on this one. I sometimes think about the kind of person LSAC employs to write questions. Do they have degrees in psychology? Linguistics? How subtly crafted my embedded assumptions were while reading that question is really something to behold and respect. What this question taught me is that sometimes, no matter how fancy and subtly a question is written, at bottom it could be something as simple as a disguised correlation-causation problem. That is a take-away that really reenforces the need to get familiar with the test.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @Toxoplasmosis i just attempted the dance LG and it would have hurt really badly on test day.... do you know any other games similar to it? it's brutal when you're timing yourself....
  • souman11souman11 Alum Member
    72 karma
    I am hoping it is the last one I did on the September 2016 LSAT because it will be the last LSAT question I will ever have to do :)
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    @Toxoplasmosis that game is a tough one, I did it last night. It reminded me of sudoku puzzle.