Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

delaying law school for 1 yr?

islandersandyankeesislandersandyankees Alum Member
in General 65 karma
Hey Guys,

My original plan was to start law school next August. I took the sept. lsat, and I have my transcripts and LORs in. I now think I want to delay it for a year.

My question is: will the LORs and everything be good? Do I need to get new updated LORs and all that other stuff?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Hey,

Yeah your LORs will be good until your account expires - usually if they are older than a year or so it's good to ask your recommender to maybe update it incase they wrote something that was particular for that coming cycle.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    You will be good to go. You may just want to notify your recommenders as @montaha.rizeq says unless something needs updating.
  • Connor180Connor180 Member
    123 karma
    How important is it to update your LOR / see if they need to be? What is the benefit of doing this? I had my LORs written my last semester while I was fresh in their minds, but I will apply two years after that point. Is this something that should be done?

Couldn't you make up for it with having someone from work write a letter?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited October 2016 11542 karma
    @Connor180 said:
    I had my LORs written my last semester while I was fresh in their minds, but I will apply two years after that point
    Haha, that's my situation as well :) it's not that the recommendation becomes irrelevant to your application, rather it's because there's a possibility the writer could have written something in the letter that pertained to the present or near future (i.e "Connor has been a great student and I reccomend him for the Law Class of 2016")
    @Connor180 said:
    Couldn't you make up for it with having someone from work write a letter?
    I wouldn't worry about this unless your application is more than about 5 years out of undergrad.