Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

should you put a heading on your personal statement?

dudejay25dudejay25 Alum Member
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody know IF anything should go on the top of the person statement? This would include something like my name and LSAC account number.

I am submitting an additional information document, and my advisor told me to put my L number and a title at the top of that, so i was wondering if the same is true for the personal statement?

If so, does this count towards the space limit?

thanks

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Yes,

Something generic is usually recommended like "Personal Statement" at the top of the page.

I mean I would assume it would count towards the space limit. But it really should only take up a line and then another line or two to space it.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Yep. Name, LSAC account number and "personal statement" written on top
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Also lol don't take up too much space with this haha. It should be a few lines not double spaced.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Also lol don't take up too much space with this haha. It should be a few lines not double spaced.
    Good Point @montaha.rizeq !
  • CCCCLLLLCCCCLLLL Alum Member
    58 karma
    I was told to include the same information, but to add it as a header so that it falls in the 1-inch margin required by most schools and doesn't take away any space from your actual writing.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @CCCCLLLL said:
    I was told to include the same information, but to add it as a header so that it falls in the 1-inch margin required by most schools and doesn't take away any space from your actual writing.
    Absolutely this as well!