Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying for Third Retake

westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
edited October 2016 in General 3788 karma
I have received my LSAT score for my second take and it was around a 8 point drop from my high 160s PT average. I'm not sure how exactly I should study for my third take. For context, I didn't get any sleep the night before the exam, and as I said in an earlier post, my RC performance suffered drastically from the Eileen Gray passage onward. Even though I did surprisingly well on the virus game and the LG, I under-performed on LR as well. Since I have been studying for about 2 years, I have seen virtually every Preptest, including the February exams and C2.

Besides getting more sleep, reviewing (including BR) my mistakes on this particular PT as well as other ones and drilling problem spots, I was wondering what more could I specifically do to improve my performance and make sure I could at least hit my PT average or do better. For making gains in RC, I was considering reading Supreme Court cases in my free time. Although I do read the Economist and Scientific American, I was also considering the opinion section of the NY Times to analyze the pieces for potential flaws and assumptions.

Comments

• 194 karma
    I took several exams at various locations at test time. Taking it with people is key imo. I dropped 6 points my first time taking it with a friend. After doing this several times I was able to perform at -2 of my prep test average on exam day. So moral of the story simulate exam day as best as you can several times!
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Hey @tristanschmoor, during my takes, I did try to simulate testing condition as much as possible by studying in the library. I didn't find the shuffling of papers or the presence of other people writing and erasing to be that distracting.