Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR

chris.colechris.cole Free Trial Member
in General 6 karma
I am not the best with logic reasoning. But, I am usually able to get the answer down to something, and E. Is E normally a correct choice in this section? And any tips of how to answer some LR questions? I have find the main conclusion down.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @chris.cole said:
    Is E normally a correct choice in this section? And any tips of how to answer some LR questions? I have find the main conclusion down.
    So if I am understanding your problem correctly, you often narrow your choice down to answer choice E and another answer choice?

That's odd... No, I don't think E is a more common answer choice; not to my knowledge at least.

It seems like you are having fundamental problems on the LR section if this occurs across the different question types. Giving helpful advice for something so broad such as general LR advice is probably pretty impossible without you going a bit more in depth.

So let me ask you this - What have sone and what materials have you used to prepare so far?

The first thing you want to do is get really good at identifying the premises and the conclusion.
    Next you want to get good at finding the reason why the premises do not fully substantiate the conclusion. This is often referred to as the assumption. You'll also want to work on pre-phrasing answers before you hit the answer choices. What this entails is getting a good idea in your head of what the answer is before looking at the answer choices. The reason we do this is two fold: First, it saves us time, and time is our friend on the LSAT. Second, is it prevents the LSAC from tricking us. When we go into the questions armed with an idea of what the answer might be, it will help us from getting stuck between B and E or something like that.

Also, try to use process of elimination to prove the answers wrong first... When you find your self stuck between E and let's say A, remember that one is 100% correct and the other choice is 100% wrong. Usually if the language/logic appear to have a veneer of similarity making it hard to discern which answer is correct, something like quantifier (many, most, all, some) will be what makes or breaks the answer choice.

I know that is all really general advice, but I hope it helps a bit.

• chris.colechris.cole Free Trial Member
    6 karma
    Ive been using alphascore for my base instruction. From there I work on actual lsat problems and I drill question types. (I use this site for logic games explanations).
    Im pretty fluent in logic games and reading comp but logic reasoning is hurting me bad
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Have you tried The LSAT Trainer? If you aren't up for the Starter course here my next suggestion would be The LSAT Trainer. I would've bought the book solely for the Flaw section.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27853 karma
    I'm not familiar with alphascore, so can't comment on it beyond noting that it obviously doesn't seem to be working for you. If you like 7Sage's LG though, I will mention that JY actually considers the 7Sage LR course stronger than the LG course, which is saying a lot. If you can swing a starter pack, it would be an incredibly powerful resource. I never used the Trainer, but I know a lot of 7Sage high scorers who recommend it as a supplement; so I'd agree with @tanes256 that that would be worth looking into if you can't make 7Sage happen.