Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who took Sept LSAT

LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
edited October 2016 in General 250 karma
How was it different from PT 78?
I heard virus game and a couple of passage were difficult...But what about other games?
I watched the explanation video but I felt other games in the test seem relatively more difficult than previous tests too, isn't it?
It seems there are more inference because the videos are longer. (average 15 min)
What about LR section?

Thanks!

Comments

• notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    I actually didn't do any PrepTests and just sat for the Sept test to see how I would do (bad bad idea, I know). I found the LR sections to be pretty reasonable. A few questions here and there took some time, but I would say that they were of average difficulty. The first 3 LG questions were also not that hard, although I had to guess on two questions from the first 3 games...Computer Virus game was a different story. I am sure it wasn't hard but I panicked and guessed E for every question on that game (again, bad idea...I should have guessed C).

RC is where I totally bombed. I breezed through the first comparative passage but then screwed up hard on the Eileen Grey passage. That ruined my flow and I had to guess (E, again) for every question on the last passage.

All in all, I don't think that the test was too hard. You just gotta prep mentally that you will face at least one weird game on tests from now on. You just have to think them through and not panic, like I did.
  • LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    @notwilliamwallace
    So you didn't think other games were hard neither?
    When I watched the video for some reason I thought there are more inferences in the games...
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    The other games were relatively easy and were obviously setting up a doozy for a fourth game. The LR was tough at spots - I thought it very easy, but my score told me otherwise. I thought RC was easy overall, even though the Eileen Gray passage was the toughest. It was also the second passage, which admittedly was unique for an RC section.

Overall, it seemed like a pretty standard test for a newer one. The last game was tough, especially because it had six instead of five questions, but it wasn't so bad if one is able to calmly approach it.
  • kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
    208 karma
    The games were a lot easier. (to me atleast) I went -2 on the games, and my average from my PTs was -4/-5. The passages were harder than average (again, to me atleast) I ended up getting 2 more wrong that what I was averaging. Overall, I feel it was not an extremely difficult test.
  • Wind-Up BirdWind-Up Bird Alum Member
    284 karma
    My friend and I predicted that the September LSAT would have a doozy of a LG, since the previous few PTs had relatively easy LG sections. Despite more or less missing out on the entire virus game (-4 overall), I somehow managed to exceed my PT average on the September LSAT (167 over my 10 most recent PTs) by 3 points.

I'm not sure why, but the LR sections seemed a bit more straightforward to me. I ended up going -4 over the two sections, compared to -8 on my average PTs.

That being said, I think the virus game left a really strong impression for September test-takers. Aside from that one game, the test wasn't anything extraordinary.
  • LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    Thank you guys :)
    So it sounds like the virus game and a few passages were difficult but they balanced the test and made LR relatively easy...
    Good to know :)