Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Substitute rule in LG

LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
in General 250 karma
Hi,

So I was doing LG today and met this substitution question...
In sequence games or games you combine rules do you combine rules as you read new rules or you write them separately so when you have this question you can easily notice which rule is substituted?
I was doing PT 73 game 2 and the last question, and I was not sure between B and E because both seem true :(

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    edited November 2016 8689 karma
    I did 73's LG section today actually. A bit of theory on these questions is entirely appropriate. For that, consult the curriculum between pretests 62 and 63, there is a lesson that I have watch about 6 or 7 times to truly get a grasp of what we are doing in these questions.
    https://7sage.com/lesson/substitution-and-equivalence-theory/

For question 13 you can eliminate (B) because (B) allows in a game board that satisfies (B) but would violate our original condition: Z and M at the same time in 2 o'clock, meaning it isn't equivalent. Meaning adherence to (B) would provide for a broader amount of game boards than our original rule. (E) is our answer here because Z in 1 yields the same game boards as our original rule.
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    I should also add that for my money, these are the hardest questions on the entire exam.
  • LSATakerLSATaker Free Trial Member
    250 karma
    @David3389

You did that LG too? What a coincedence...
    Thanks for your reply :)