Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to do a effective mini PT

Giant PandaGiant Panda Alum Member
in General 274 karma
Hi all,

I had just finished the first "chapter" or LR, which goes all the way from MP to PSA and now into RC.

In previous posts, I had read that many had recommended to do a mini PT through out the way for LR when you are actually studying for RC.

But before just dive into books of problems, I had read also that I should not waste problems.

So! How do you have mini effective PTs on RC?

@twssmith?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Panda

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27878 karma
    I think it would be okay to maybe pause and drill some sections, but it's going to be difficult to drill LR while you're working through RC in the curriculum. Drills are much more involved than just the actual drill. Once you're done with the drill, you have to BR it. Once you're done with the BR you have to analyze what went wrong and address it. At this point in your studies, drilling LR is just an extension of the LR curriculum. You're using the drills to determine where you need to return to within the curriculum. You can certainly try to study both sections simultaneously, but for me at least, that's a bit more than I can handle. So I'd recommend focusing on one or the other for now. Doing both risks slipping into sloppy study habits, and that's the last thing you want.